Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > PLEA    

PLEA

Fessor
Austria

PLEA

Dear colleagues,

First of all I want to thank you all for sharing such wonderful and elaborate work with us.

However, finding the necessary information in WS description is sometimes rather time-consuming. Especially with reference to TESTS or READING material, you must first click on the WS preview to find out what kind of contents you can expect to find.

May I suggest giving DETAILED DESCRIPTION of worksheets so as to facilitate download choices?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

P.S. I didn�t mean to offend anybody

30 May 2010      

teresapr
Portugal

I understand you. You mean if people give as far as possible a full description of their contributions, it will save the others some time while choosing the ones they want to download!That seems to me a reasonable request!

30 May 2010     

sphinx63
Egypt

definitly right
i agreeeeeeeeeeeeee with uuuuuu

30 May 2010     

Laly59
Spain

I agree with you too and I think you say this with good reason, Don�t  worry about anybody, a hug

30 May 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

I share your concern... it �s really annoying not to have a detailed description of a ws. I always try to give specific info about my work.

30 May 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I agree with you too. A description should be precise and concise. It should tell us what the worksheet is about. I believe many members would get many more downloads if they took the time to write a good description of their work.

Have a good evening,
mena

31 May 2010     

lockman
Morocco

I agree to a certain extent because of these reasons:first when uploading a worksheet there is info you should fill in about the type ,the level,age ,content ....etc.The contributor has also to describe the contribution and finally there is the preview.I think those are largely enough to give an idea about the work.The probelm is that we don t give enough time to fill in the appropriate info and  some description are even misleading above all those using a lot of superlatives .If we want to save time for the "downloaders" ,we should slow down the pace of the unfolding preview so as to help downloaders see clearly wht it is about.

31 May 2010     

sp.watson
Thailand

I agree, I think that some descriptions seemed to be aimed at cultivating more points than giving accurate or helpful  information about the ws. "This is an excellent ws that you will find really useful.." etc. may or may not be true but doesn �t say anything about the content.
When uploading my ws I try to describe not only the content, but the activities and aims of the material wherever possible.
We are all busy people and anything that helps to save a little time is always appreciated.

31 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I agree with you, I have raised this issue several times on the forum but was told that a clear description is not obligatory. OK, but if somebody doesn �t know much about HIS OWN WORK I have every right to doubt it �s his.

For me an incomplete description is the first clue it �s not an "original" contribution and at least 50% are proved to be mere copies from somebody else �s work.

I agree with Mena, people would get more downloads if they added complete descriptions under each one of the wss they send here. I refrain from downloading a ws if I have to check it entirely first to figure out the content.

First: I find it suspicious;
Second: I don �t have time to read everything;
Third: I avoid wss with descriptions like: "a worksheet" (Really???)
Fourth: In respect for the other members and their lack of time I add a description with content, level and suggested activities (if I have some) so I expect the same from the others. (high pattern??)
Fifth: Descriptions like: "an excellent worksheet" don �t work for me. Praising his own work is not exactly the idea I have about how a teacher should behavior. And I may disagree with the description, so the description doesn �t represent the truth.
Sixth: the same for "enjoy it".

I know some will tell me I �m mocking on the others (how they did the last time I wrote something like this on the forum) but I �m not. If you fill out a form and "a description" is asked, the least you should do is to provide it, as we ask our students to do.

The aim of the site is to share our work to save some time for the others, but without a clear description we have to spend hours finding a ws to download. Could we - please - explain what our work is about,  so they could make up their minds easily?

Have a great week.

31 May 2010     

Fessor
Austria

Dear colleagues,

Thank you very much for your support and understanding.
I hope that a number of members have read my post and your comments, and may- from now on - take it to their hearts. This is at least what I hope for. Smile
I want to thank all of you again for providing such lovely pieces of work (PLUS COMPREHENSIVE DESCRIPTIONS! Wink )

Have a nice week.
Ingrid

31 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I wish you had followed your own advice and given your thread a more meaningful title.
People who might not be interested in a thread called "plea" might read a thread entitled "please give your descriptions more meaningful titles" or so -- in every respect, precision and information are so valuable, even in this section of the site!

31 May 2010