Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Disappointed    

Disappointed

pfreites
Argentina

Disappointed

Good morning Teachers,

I�m just writting to tell you that I am really sad. I have done a project together with the Computer Studies teacher at my school; it was called "E-pals". I wrote a post here asking for teachers who would like to participate. Two teachers accepted; One of them is still in contact with me but the other teacher sent me a list of her students and then she has not answered either my private messages or my e-mails;I have 38 students so, some of them have sent e-mails to the first teacher and the rest of my students have sent e-mails to the second teacher and they are here eager waiting for her students� answers. 

I am disappointed by her performance; at least she could have send me an e-mail and told me her reasons.

So, some of my students will have no reply at all.

Just wanted to share this experience with you.

Thank you.
pfreites 

4 Jun 2010      

izulia
China

Hi pfreites,
It is dissapointing when things like that happen, but what if that teacher has some serious problems and is simply unable to use the internet? 
Why don �t you try www.epals.com It is quite easy to find e-pals of different age groups, get in touch with other teachers around the world, etc.  I remember my students had a very positive experience having correspondence with other children from different countries.
Your students will have to learn sooner or later that things don �t work out sometimes the way we want it. The good lesson for them is to carry on and find the way to work it out.
Hope this helps and don �t get dissapointed to much! :)
Hugs, Zulia

4 Jun 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi pfreites,
I know how you feel...Do you remember my postcard project? Well something similar happened there. We got postcards from a school in Turkey, my kids were sooo excited. We learned a bit about Turkey, looked at photos of all the places the Turkish students mentioned etc. They worked really hard on writing cards back, two cards each. We sent them together with a class photo since the Turkish teacher talked about a bulletin board of friendship etc. etc.
We didn �t get as much as a single note back...I wrote several emails asking the teacher to at least send a small note telling they received the cards so my kids wouldn �t feel it was all pointless. (in the beginning she promised they would all write again and they too would send photos etc.) Nothing...
It is sooo frustrating, and I felt so bad for my students. They were looking forward to it soo much. I don �t know what happened, maybe politics got in the way (even thought this was way before the latest mess). It is such a shame, exactly because of the problematic politics it would be so great to show the younger generation that not all Turks hate us and not all Israelies are murderers. It could have been so much more than only an English lesson...
Maybe Zulia is right though, this way students learn that disappointment is part of life, but I can �t deny I would rather have taught them that English can cross borders......

4 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi!
I thank you for not giving namesBig smile & I agree with Zulia : Maybe the person could not answer! ( It happened to me : I had a car crash not long ago, & discovered some pms - not many! :o) from people who got angry because I didn �t answer their pms....I just couldn �t!! & did not log in for a time...) So, who knows ? Maybe the person you �re talking about has not been able to answer - There �s Life outsideWink( & from my experience here, these problems can be serious...)
Obviously, I can understand you were disappointed! I do hope you �ll keep having these wonderful projects for your students!
Sylvie

4 Jun 2010