Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > confused about letter B and letter D--HELP    

confused about letter B and letter D--HELP

queeniewang0428
Taiwan

confused about letter B and letter D--HELP

Deal all

Some of my students confused about  letter "b" and letter "d", do you have any good idea to solve this problem??

Have a nice day^^Smile

5 Jun 2010      

Babs1966
France

I have an alphabet with Monsters ... maybe it can help as the letters look different
and they are related to words the letter begin with !!!
I don �t know what could work though

Good Luck

Babs

Hope some other Teachers can help as I�m curious if there is a way to make kids remember that ;)

5 Jun 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

I used to teach 5 year old kids the alphabet and they got confused too. It all improved when we started using a method called letterland in which letters are characters and they represent different things. For example "b" was called bouncy Ben and "d" is called Dippy Duck. When chidren saw their pictures they associate them with the correct way they should be written. These are the pictures
I hope this can help you

5 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Queenie

I use a special �bed� picture from one of my phonics books. 

I googled it and I found something similar on a link with another useful idea.

Also look here (Classroom Spotlight) and at this interesting blog

Cheers

Jayho

5 Jun 2010     

Anna P
Brazil

If you draw a simple bed  and write the word bed over the drawing, with the letter b on the head and the letter d at the foot it might help students remember that b is the first sound in the word BED and d is the last.

I also used to have a poster with a baseball and a bat forming lower case b. Letter d was formed with a dish and a knife(no utensils with d!) on its right side. 

5 Jun 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

Anna wonderful idea too!

5 Jun 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Thank you, Jayho and Anna.  Great Ideas! Thumbs Up

5 Jun 2010     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Don �t miss this worksheet:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=172954#thetop

5 Jun 2010     

L. habach
Morocco

I suggest that you write the letter d on th chalk/whiteboard and then ask your students to write ten words they know that start with /finish with /contain the letter d: dad / daughter add red  etc /do the same with the letter b
You can also give them a list of words that contain the letters and ask them to underline them and then give their own words
Good luck

5 Jun 2010     

Babs1966
France

I love all your explanation ... as teacher I learn too ;)
Thumbs Up

5 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

These are all great ideas! Thank you all for sharing them with us!

5 Jun 2010