Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Colour and black and white worksheets    

Colour and black and white worksheets

Ju Madeiro
Brazil

Colour and black and white worksheets

People,

I�m trying to make a worksheet with a black and white version, but the problem is when I try to change the background colour in the second page it changes in all the pages. How can I put colour in ONLY one page and leave the other WHITE? ( I use Word 2007 )

Thanks,

7 Jun 2010      

Babs1966
France

Could you tell us what programme you use to make your worksheets (word, word2007, openoffice, work ...)

This would help us in helping you Wink

Ok ... with 2007 when you apply a background color it get set for all your pages
What you can do is insert an image
clic right on it ==> select the last option "Image format" 
you get a small window => IMAGE is highlighted

up right it should say ==> recolour and you have a small boxe with an arrow you select it
Then you have small frames displayed to the colors you can choose from

select the one you want for black and white

after you can even add text on top of your image

I hope this explanation will be helpful enough

I did my best Wink

Best thoughts,

Babs

7 Jun 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

If you �re using Word from Microsoft Office, DO NOT press ENTER or CTRL+ENTER in order to go onto to a new page. It �s the reason why you cannot change the background color without making all the other pages look the same. Instead, follow these steps: (Instructions are for Word 2003. Instructions for Word 2007 are in brackets and colored blue.)

1) Select Insert in the formula bar up at the top. (Page Layout menu for Word 2007.)

2) When the Insert menu box appears, select Next Page. (Select Next Page.)

3) When your cursor is on a new page, select Format, then Borders & Shading. (Page Layout, Borders & Shading.)

4)When the Borders & Shading menu box appears, select the Page Border tab. (Same for Word 2007.)

5) Under the Style option (it �s in the middle section), make the desired changes, i.e. color, art, width, etc... (Same for Word 2007.) 

6) Still in the Page Border tab, at the bottom right-hand corner, look for Apply To:. Click on the drop-down menu, and select This Section. Press OK. (Same for Word 2007.) 

Hope this helps!

7 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Gr8 advice Babs and Hieu Ngoc - I �m going to copy and paste it into a word doc and keep it for future reference.

Thanx.

7 Jun 2010     

Babs1966
France

Thanks for your Tip Hieu ... It just great Wink

Welcome Jayho Thumbs Up

In France we say "all roads lead to Rome" ... but If you don �t know the road, you don �t go anywhere !!! LOL

Good day to all Heart

7 Jun 2010