Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Audio file    

Audio file

mia001
Germany

Audio file

Food Fight Wal-Mart is selling organic food. What �s an ethical eater to do? by KATHERINE MANGU-WARD Friday, June 9, 2006 12:01 A.M. EDT ...
www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110008494

Does anybody know how I can get the audiofile of the above mentioned text?

8 Jun 2010      

atsanti85
Canada

Check out this site.  There are many more like it.

www.readthewords.com

It �s text-to-speech.  It won �t sound completely natural but it might suit your needs.

8 Jun 2010     

pascy
France

Atsanti85 , I think I love you, I have just been on the site and it is just perfect, I can know create any document with my texts dealing with sewage and waste water treatment plants. If you know of others, let me know,
All the best, Pascy.

8 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi atsanti, and thank you for the link ! But I have a question : is it just with me or the "person" just reads about 20 words ? I wrote a longer text and she stopped right in the middle ... do you know if it works with just a few words ?

8 Jun 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Hi alicia :) 

I have the same problem but sign up for free on the site and you �ll be able to do full texts.
There �s a limitation ... I think it �s 2 full texts a month or something like that.
The homepage is just an enticing preview but if you sign up you �ve got more options beyond 20 words.

To pascy:  Haha :) Glad to be of help.  There are a lot of readers out there.  
Here�s a link to free software http://www.naturalreaders.com/
but doesn�t allow you to record to audio unless you purchase the software.  Maybe you can work around this or purchase the software. 

:) 

8 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you very much, atsanti ! I �ll sign up and give it a try...   Hug

8 Jun 2010