Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ADVICE PLEASE!    

ADVICE PLEASE!

borna
Croatia

ADVICE PLEASE!

Hi,

I �d like to try bingo in my private lessons, but I �m not sure could it be played with only 2 students? Acutally, I �ve never played bingo before, so some instuctions would be very welcome!
Thanks in advance!

Sasa

10 Jun 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Yes, sure could. But I think you would have to make special cards and make sure one of them actually has all of the concepts you read.

Mena22 has some bingo resources and instructions. (Others do too ;o)

It is quite simple, you take one of the cards you hand out and read all the items on the cards one ofter the other (but not from left to right - top to bottom ;o)

Regards

10 Jun 2010     

i_love_english
France

I usually do it with numbers for younger students. If you don �t have material, you can ask them to draw a cross on a piece of paper, and choose 4 numbers:(like this)

Usually, the numbers go from 1 to 90 but you can decide on different rules.
Then, the best is for you to have written all the numbers from 1 to 90 on different pieces of paper and put them in a bag (best if not see-through)
Then you start picking numbers and saying them aloud. Students cross the numbers they have. When they �ve crossed all four, they shout "bingo" and usually get a little something, like a sweet or a pen...
Hopes it makes sense.

NB: They could choose more than 4 numbers, but it �s likely to make the game last longer.
When I pick the numbers, I carefully lay them in order on my desk so I can check if the numbers actually came out when Students say �Bingo �

Hope it makes sense. A lot of explanations for a very simple game.
Steph

10 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi! I use this site to make my bingo cards :
Sylvie
Some contributors explain the game ...Wink

10 Jun 2010     

i_love_english
France

Sylvie,
I �ve checked the link you gave and it seems great but now, I �m not sure how you �re supposed to play. Here, in France, we play "loto" so I supposed Bingo was quite similar.
Now, with the link you gave, I have the impression that the students all have the same pictures on their board although in a random order. So how do you tell who wins?
Can you give me a hint of how you play, please?
Thanks a lot
Stephanie

10 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi St�phanie,
I make different bingo cards ( though some pupils may have the same ones...) : I print all the pictures & say the words aloud ( or a student ). Let �s say we �re playing with animals : Each kid has a card with 9 pics ( or more ). I call for ALL the animals we �ve learnt,; When a child has one on his/her card, he/she puts a token ( which I print too... I use funny pics from awards). The first student who has put all his tokens on the card is the winner.
If some have the same cards, the first one to shout : BINGO! is the winner.
My younger kids love it! I play it with numbers, colours, animals, verbs, adjectives, etc...! They usually win an English magazine, ( I receive lots of free magazines from Publishers :o)))
Hope I am clear, because I �m a bit sick today...Dead
If not (!), just tell me via pm. LOL
Have a nice day!!! 

10 Jun 2010     

i_love_english
France

Thank you very much. I think it �s clear; I guess that you don �t make the cards all at once. You choose different pictures for different sets.
Thanks a lot and I hope you �ll get better soon.
Steph

10 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Thx... :o)
Here are examples  of different cards I �ve found here ( to be ... clearer!!!!LOL : http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=254120#thetop
Big smile
You �re right : I cannot make all the cards at once, but choose 9 different pics each time ...

10 Jun 2010     

i_love_english
France

Thank you very much. I think it �s clear; I guess that you don �t make the cards all at once. You choose different pictures for different sets.
Steph

10 Jun 2010     

i_love_english
France

Steph

10 Jun 2010     

borna
Croatia

Thanks a lot, I don �t plan to make my own, I �ve already downloaded many wonderful bingo cards from here!!!
However, it seems a bit complicated for only 2 students. I suppose I could give them 2 cards each and then read the list of items (animals, food etc.) - if I understood correctly, the winner is the students who first completes the card, i.e. who has all the items on the card circled as I read them (for example).

Sasa

10 Jun 2010     

1    2    Next >