Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > STOLEN MATERIAL...???    

STOLEN MATERIAL...???

Im Lety
Mexico

STOLEN MATERIAL...???

I need your opinion please... 2 days ago I downloaded a worksheet that I been had for 3 years ...I decided to upload it here and some people told me that I stolen that worksheet...Thats a LIE...I took that image from google few years ago...That means that I cannot use google images to complete make some changes and make my work better...? If you people really want to help to improve this website...Try not to be that cruel and just because you have the permision to write your comment and you see a worksheet here before... think that people stolen...I believe you should ask first... Ermm

25 Nov 2008      

MariaElena
Spain

Hello Lety, I�m new here and I didn�t know I couldn�t use images from google. I hope I�m not punished!! The thing is I�ve seen some images in other exercises very similar to ones I�ve already printed in other places and I don�t think it�s a problem. We are not painters. The important thing is the content, isn�t it? Well, that�s what I think. Bye! 

25 Nov 2008     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree. The contents are much more important than the pictures.

25 Nov 2008     

cely
Argentina

Hello leti, �I don�t know exactly which picture you are talking about but I don�t think the problem is the pic ture, I believe we can use pictures from google, whay don�t you ask those people what is the problem with your worksheet? may be it was only a misunderstanding . �And As�itxasobcn��says the contents are much more important than pictures.

25 Nov 2008     

sepumma
Thailand

HI, Letty!

I receive the same messege. I also uploaded 2 worksheets for the purpose of contributing sharing and helping others teachers. My mere intention is to share because I think I have use this work sheet effectively to younger learners. I took some of the pictures and revised a little. the picture were about places in school but i used these pictures to be able to introduce the pronoun of "HE" and "SHE". I put a picture of a girl and boy to different places in school. Ex. He is in the classroom. She is in the Library.  I find it effective to younger students because I saw how they could be able to use the "he" and the "she" correctly.

Whereas the pictures of the places in school, is just familiarization of English words for these places/ rooms. I was just expanding it into sentences so these kids be able to speak English gramatically and to be able to communicate in English.

Isn�t it that our obligation to encourage our students to speak english? and by doing so, we try our best  to be creative and innovative? So, does it mean that innovation is STEALING? Well, I did not make money out of it.

I�m just happy to help!

25 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

Hello Lety,

I am sorry that this happened to you. Some people here have the nasty habit of pointing out what they think MIGHT be stolen but are not sure. I would just ignore it (I know it hurts) and take things up with Victor, the adminstrator, if you need assurances about your work.

Just keep contributing, you have very nice ideas for worksheets. Also, almost everybody here uses clipart from Google or Yahoo or whenever, I�d not worry about that too much. 

25 Nov 2008     

Im Lety
Mexico

Hi you guys...Tongue

I know that it hurts a lot...Must if the only thing we want to do here is helping to enrich and contribute with our work ... We can ignore that mean people but at the moment they watch a worksheet they think it is stolen...They write it on the forum and make many post comments...And of course people who gets in to the page didnt care if its true or not...They just write thay they wont download that work and more bad comments...And of course is our obligation to do our best and help our students...I think people here is so worry about getting points so they can download work about others...I have took some worksheets here and of course that I make some changes in order to get the best  according to my necesities and the topic im working on in classroom... Well the picture was about body parts...I dont know how long this web has been working on but  I know per sure that I had that picture before this web started...And know people told me that I have stolen it only because they saw it before...�Sometimes is better to kept the privilege of giving our opinion�...

Thank you all to take the time and read it... Greetings!!!Hug

26 Nov 2008     

Rabinoshka
Russian Federation

I have a question that is kinda related to yours. A couple of years ago, I discovered a great Daily Telegraph article about Christmas presents. I and my studens had a lot of fun reading it and  I wanted to upload it and the worksheet that I�ve created based on the text, but now I�m afraid that I�m gonna be banned for using material from another site. Is there anything bad in using an authentic English text if I give the link to where I took it from and provide my own worksheet to complement it? Confused

28 Nov 2008     

Im Lety
Mexico

Hi Rabinoshka...

Im, not sure about your question...

Its victor�s page (the man who started this website)...You can ask him all your doubts...
GreetingsThumbs Up

29 Nov 2008     

Rabinoshka
Russian Federation

Thank you, ImLety... I�ve actually made a worksheet based on the Telegraph article. It�s still there, and seems to be pretty popular. Smile I think that as long as you add some of your own stuff to it, like vocabulary exercises, discussion questions, etc., it doesn�t qualify as stealing - otherwise all reading comprehenson worksheets would... Wink

4 Dec 2008