Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Avatar/Photo Change    

t.javanshir
Australia

Hi there,

Can any one of you help me? I wanted to change my avatar and upload my photo but after uploading the photo it said:

Your photo has been uploaded successfully

Back home

but it didn �t actually change my avatar. I tried it for several times yesterday and today, but nothing happened. My photo is jpg and 129 KB.Confused

11 Jun 2010      

juliag
Japan

Hi.

You have rebooted your computer since yesterday, right?
From what I remember you can �t see the new picture until you reboot your computer.

Other than that can �t think of anything, sorry, but hope it helps or that if not someone else can help you.

Juliag

11 Jun 2010     

t.javanshir
Australia

I just rebooted my computer but nothing happened.Ermm

11 Jun 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

When I changed my picture I had to log out of ESLprintables and log back in. (since I clicked �remember me � I never need to log in, it works automatically) Maybe that will help?
Anyway, we (I) see a picture of a hand completing a puzzle? of a face on a table in warm colors. Is that your old avatar?

11 Jun 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

I made several attempts to change my avatar and inspite I �ve got a notice that it has been changed, nothing happened. But when I switched my comp the next day I was happy to see a new avatar. So, reboot yr comp and be patient.

11 Jun 2010     

Orihime
Portugal

Hello!

You have to restart your browser. You don �t need to reboot your computer! My current picture is larger than yours and it worked! :)

Hope you can manage!

Eva

11 Jun 2010     

t.javanshir
Australia

Thank you MarionG,

yeah that �s the one I uploaded but I still see the old picture in my own computer. Now that you said it �s a jigsaw puzzle I came to know that others can see my new photo, but I still have the same old avatar on my computer.

I don �t know why, a new log off and log in didn �t work either.Unhappy

My old avatar was 
Is it what others can see? I still have this on my computer!

11 Jun 2010     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

Hi..

the photo that i see now is  a personal picture... not the one that u put in your last answer.. i mean it is a picture of a man .. not a lion  :)

i wish i helped you  a little  :)

11 Jun 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi t.javanshir,
I am not big on computers but maybe it has something to do with your �history � settings? someone once explained to me that every computer �remembers � several pictures from each website you visit in order to be able to load them quicker next time you open them. Maybe  your computer simply still automatically loads the old picture.. If that is the case it might help to click on �clear history � in your settings or just wait a little and it should happen automatically since these images are only kept for a short time.
Anyway, we do see your new avatar. Is it you in the picture? Your previous one is really cute too!

11 Jun 2010     

marta v
Serbia

I also had to wait for days to see it as others did, and finally it appeared after a while and I didn �t do anything special. I was puzzled like you, but don �t worry, it �ll get updated eventually.

11 Jun 2010     

t.javanshir
Australia

Thank you everybody,

I hope what Marta said come true after some days. 

So it seems that I have to wait for days to see my picture changed.

11 Jun 2010