Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Just to vent    

Just to vent

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Just to vent

I am just kind of dissapointed and wanted to vent my frustration... victor took the time to iimprove the ppts system so we had more kb to make our ppts...then why is people still splitting them with only four or five slides? 

13 Jun 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Liz! I understand your frustration. Why don �t you send a pm to the members who uploaded them separately reminding them of this recent improvement? Maybe they just don �t know.

Have a good evening,
mena

13 Jun 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Aum...

I do not understand why you are dissapointed Liz, I think people will create ppts with 1, 2, 6, 10 slides as they consider useful....

13 Jun 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

julieta that is not the case... i am talking of splitting not amount of slides.  i have seen people making 3 parts of the same ppt when the size could have allowed them to put them in one. and you are right i shouldnt be frustrated ...since it takes time to put all the slides together i decided not to download splitted ppts.  i made this post because after taking me 15 minutes putting one ppt together i did somethig wrong and had to start all over again. so anyway sorry for venting .

13 Jun 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Oh...

Maybe it is just a way of getting more points... in that case, I agree with you

13 Jun 2010     

S.Reisner
Brazil

Dear Liz,
I had asked myself the same question and thought that maybe they hadn`t understood Victor`s message. Who knows? But I had also decided not to download splitted ppts.
By the way, I love your ppts.
Simone

13 Jun 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

than you so much simone, i am on vacation but i decided to make a folder with all my ppts to check what i dont have so i am working on some grammar ppts and tomorrow i will upload. if you need anything let me know.

13 Jun 2010     

imelda
Mexico

i just wanted to say that the same thing is happening with the wss...people are cutting them up into small parts and sometimes its very difficult to find them all but the worse thing is that they could upload them all in one piece and save us the time and trouble of looking for them...

13 Jun 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Hi dear Liz!

People will always be the same, and you shouldn`t get frustrated about it!

I`m your loyal fan and I love your games so much that� I don`t want you to ever have any negative feelings.�

I wish you could always be �positive and creative!

Waiting for more of your fantastic games!�

Have a great vacation!�

13 Jun 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi Liz!

The same is happening with wss, some are uploaded in parts -  or keys are uploaded in other document to force us to download the second document as well.

The aim of the site is to share and points are just a result of hard work (or at least it should be...) so I simply ignore wss unnecessarily split into parts.

As long as we ignore them, the number of points will decrease and (since they seem to be moved by the anger of points) maybe they �ll reconsider their acts.

BTW, I �ll take the opportunity to say how much I love your games. I haven �t downloaded much this semester because I have lack of time even to follow my tight schedule, so I included only very few games I had used before.

But (ufff...) vacations are right on the corner, so I �ll have more time to select some wss I used this semester to upload and some of your wonderful ppts + other members � wss that I appreciate a lot to download.

Keep up the great work for the site.

Cheers

Zailda

13 Jun 2010     

audrey77
France

hello everybody!!!

just wanted to say that if some people split their documents it �s just because they can �t put it in one document only!!!

i would have loved to do that with my trip to england booklet because it has been very long ato divide my whole booklet into several parts but i really wanted to share it with you!!!

but i also understand why i don �t have a lot of downloads, people must think i did it on purpose to get more points but believe me i didn �t!!! i actually think i would have had a lot of downloads if i could have put it as one document only.... or maybe it �s not as interesting as i thought....

anyway ...

have a nice sunday

bisous from France

audrey

13 Jun 2010     

1    2    Next >