Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > FONTS FROM PC ´S    

FONTS FROM PC ´S

KELEN PRISCILA
Brazil

FONTS FROM PC ´S

HI, VICTOR...

FIRST OF ALL I �D LIKE TO THANK U FOR THIS BRILLIANT IDEA TO DEVELOP THIS AWESOME SITE, I �M A LUCKY PERSON TO BE A MEMBER OF ITS.
TNX AGAIN....
I HAVE A DOUBT AND A SUGGESTION?
I downloaded some beautiful fonts from my pc for example names (automania,glitter,blocks,action is,agent orange and etc) and prepared some ws and ppts but when I uploaded here these fonts unconfigure and others simple fonts appear instead of them.I was talking to my brother and he said that your site doesn �t recognize these fonts.Is it true?Why?Why don �t u add these fonts and others?

15 Jun 2010      

victor
Spain

Hello,

I could install lots of fonts in the web server, but there are thousands of different fonts, and it �s not possible to install all them.
Anyway, even if the web server had your fonts, there would be lots of users without them. For this reason it is advised to use the most common fonts (times new roman, comic sans, verdana, trebuchet ms, etc.)

If you want to insert more beautiful fonts you have two options:

- Transform them into images. You can take a screenshot and paste it in a software like MS Paint, and save it as an image. Then insert it into the word document.

- Embed the fonts in your document (it doesn �t work with all the fonts): Go to "tools" > "Save options" and then select "Embed true type fonts". This option will include the fonts that you used in the document itself, so they will available for everybody who opens the document.

I hope this helps.

Victor

15 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Hi Priscila!
Victor is the only one who can answer your "why don �t you add these fonts and others?" question, but I �ll tell you what you can do to help others see how beautiful your work really is: You can provide the link for others to download and install the fonts on their pc. That way, those who download your work will be able to enjoy it the way you intended it to look like. For instance, I had downloaded a scoreboard font for one of my ppt games and, when I saw it wasn �t visible on ESLP, I added a comment, giving the name of the font, the link to the site I had downloaded it from and the link to the Microsoft Office "installing new fonts" help page.
Hope that helps a bit!

15 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Edit: I see Victor has already replied, so now you have three suggestions on how to make your work look the way you had intended it toSmile
Take care!
P.S.: Victor, thanks for the ideasThumbs Up

15 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello Kellen

I think there is an easier way to save your beautiful fonts. Write your text in a text box and then select the box, right click your mouse and do a "Save as a picture".

Next, just insert the jpeg where you want it.

Just like the example.
Hope it helps.
linda

15 Jun 2010