Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > it īs so quiet around ESL - are you all on holiday already?    

it īs so quiet around ESL - are you all on holiday already?

dayssb
Brazil

Dear friends

While you`ve just had a 7% decrease in your salary, we`ve just had an increase of 7% in my city. But if you think you`re not in a good situation, thinking about leaving your country, just remember how safe your countries are compared to mine. Besides, the conditions of work are not good, sometimes we don`t even have paper, the doors and windows are all broken it`s winter now in Brazil and 7 degrees in my city, and we have no heating here, so... try to imagine the poor students who want to learn (not all of them want) and need to fight against the cold wind in their faces. Listen: I`m not saying that what happened to you is fair, absolutely not!!! It`s just that when I`m in a bad situation, I always try to think about a situation even worse than mine.

15 Jun 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Oh God. 

Everybody is in a terrible mood. I think the situation is very bad everywhere. The things that dsyssb mentions are so familiar to me. Not here in Spain but in Romania. The unheated schools at -20 degrees, broken walls and windows etc. At least this was the situation a few years ago when I went to school. Donapeter may correct me if I am wrong. I have the sensation that Romania has had to face the crisis since the beginning of the 20th century. I am not a nationalist but I feel so sorry... 
Anyway, I am kind of cranky because I īve just seen the news. I hope you all have a great week.

A lot of hugs and kisses from Spain (especially for Donapeter Smile)

PS I looooove Brasov

16 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

and how are all the others doing? still busy or packing already?

16 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2