Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Why don ´t people look for something here before they produce a worksheet?    

Why don ´t people look for something here before they produce a worksheet?

elderberrywine
Germany

Why don ´t people look for something here before they produce a worksheet?

I �m really stunned by this: ever since the world cup started we are getting waka waka worksheets on a daily basis. There are no less than SIXTEEN worksheets on the waka waka song in ESL printables now. NOw meaning Saturday, June 19th.

Many of them seem to be quite alike.

It really surprises me. Don �t people trust this site? I wouldn �t dream of making a worksheet on so current a topic myself without looking first what has been uploaded. I �d rather take something from here and adapt it to my needs. But do we need sixteen waka wakas? Don �t you look first?

19 Jun 2010      

pilarmham
Spain

No need to get upset, elderberrywine. But you have a point there!

19 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

I agree with you - but as I �m feeling quite negative these days - too tired!!- I thought it was me...Confused
I �ve just deleted my .. �thoughts � in another post ( � Lizsantiago � : ie= too negative!!!)
I think i �d better log out!Wink
Ps : Many here don �t look, don �t say �Thanks �...You know : My useless & boring message.Dead
Take care
PS : Many Waka free ws on the web!!! - Maybe that �s the reason  of so many uploads???
Sigh.

19 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I �m not upset, pilarmham.
I �m just not the person who finds everything wonderful everywhere and who dares utter critical thoughts from time to time. And who prefers quality over quantity.

stexstme2, I think you deserve a break. I know in France you get 2 months holidays, so by September you �ll be all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed again ....

19 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Notice I am much quieter these days? ;o)

19 Jun 2010     

sulekra
Australia

I have to agree with elderberry, but I think Waka Waka is nothing to compared to how many Waving Flag articles there are! By the end of the tournament even the server might be frustrated hehe;)

19 Jun 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

I also agree... i am starting  to hate the simpsons...it makes me wonder if this is the only cartoon show in other countries....

19 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

It �s not what you have, it �s what you do with it ;o)

19 Jun 2010     

Montypython
France

Am I the only one not to know Waka waka & waving flag?? ?  Wacko

BTW, i totally agree.

now, I only produce ws when I can �t find what I need (which I always update but it �s always easier & faster to have a starting point & different ideas!!)...
take care (I guess we �re all tired!! :)

Cheers,

Marie.

19 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I know very few people whose ws are absolutely unique or flawless.

I do, however, know lots of people who seem to believe that they can make better ws than others ;o)))) That is one reason why there are so many ws on the same topic.

19 Jun 2010     

asmajabbar
Pakistan

Approve I am totally agreed with you. I also dont know about this "Waka Waka" song. There are many things and many problems around the world that we should introduced to the children. I am happy to see that there are many people around the world that are sensible. Why should we that much important for this song I don �t Understand.
Any way cheers! Thats the life! We cant be satisfied all the time.

19 Jun 2010     

1    2    3    Next >