Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > oh.....collegues    

oh.....collegues

frenchfrog
France

We have that in common Ladybird! I have just sent Lina70 one of my printables!
But you also have to admit, as Spring wrote it, that lately several members have been asking for some printables... We did not have that a few months ago... I guess times are changing... I just don�t like the way they are changing...
I know it is not possible to keep an eye on the forum constantly! Some posts do not stay long on the homepage!

25 Nov 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

I can�t agree more with Frenchfrog and Pinar. I think that we should calm things down. I don�t understand the I have an urgent need for worksheets begs. If it is one of my worksheets I prefer people to ask me directly. Second, the member that started this debate has a few points, maybe not enough to download free printables and she says she needs worksheets. I could understand if she said she needs a special worksheet, but in my opinion she is asking for all of them. It sounds: if you have a good worksheet, send it to me! And I think it�s not fair.
As Frenchfrog says I don�t like how things are changing and when I read certain comments I feel like quitting. I loved ESLprintables before all this  "please download my worksheet, please send me worksheets,... " But I don�t like the tone used in some of the comments, some members� demands,.... I don�t have the time to prepare new worksheets but I think that  my problem is that I�m really demotivated
Sorry if I sound pessimistic... but hard days ahead

25 Nov 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

Dear Ladybird I have to disagree with you
This member, Zebo, didn�t ask for medecine worksheets. Please read the first comment: please,help downloading new files. iam a new comer......and unfortunately i am out of points
My comment is a reflection of how things are going on lately. The comment here is just coincidence. I don�t mind what you will do with your worksheets but you should take into consideration what the owners of these worksheets have to say. I know it�s not my bussiness but remember that some days ago there was a problem with a member who wrote to some of the members of this site (he is also a member) asking for worksheets and many of you sent him lots of them. Then there was a debate because he didn�t write back saying �thank you�. I don�t understand why people complain when they know what will happen.In fact, the owners of the worksheets should complain because the don�t get any �thank you� for their effort and creativity. IS the feedback you are looking for a �thank you� for being generous? To be fair, you should write to the worksheet�s owner and tell them about all the comments you get from worksheets you haven�t prepared. Sorry if I sound too harsh. It�s late, I�ve insomnia and I�m tired.  I�ve been a member of this site for  long time and it took me months to get the points (at that time we couldn�t download a single worksheet for free)Look at the top members first worksheets and look their progression. Just think about it.
I don�t want to start a batlle. I don�t want to point at any particular member.I�m against cheecky members. I know they are not to blame, they try... if the strategy works, they have lots of worksheets for free. Nothing to lose.  For me helping people is not giving for free. For me helping is guidance, advicing, encouraging,... Or do our students pass the exams just because they are nice and polite? All of us must learn to improve. Why should I learn if I have all the worksheets I need for free? 
Please don�t take it as an offense, I�m not trying to attack you. Forgive me if my words are offensive.
I�m going to bed. Tomorrow the sun will shine again and things will be back to their original place (I hope)

26 Nov 2008     

kaz76
United Kingdom

The poster asked specifically for medicine worksheets in an earlier forum topic for an open lesson on Thursday - in that post she was asking for help because her worksheets had been downloaded by members but she hadn�t received her points yet. 

And the other member that there was a huge debate about sent a HUGE apology to the forum - he was really apologetic and hadn�t meant to cause any offence - he even offered to return points if I remember correctly.  Unfotunately though, although there were so many posts complaining about him, hardly anyone made any response to his apology - in fact Kevin reposted the link because no one had commented. 

26 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I agree with mmargalef. �Somebody somewhere on the forum quoted�

"give a man a fish, and feed him for a day, teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime" �

We are after all all teachers, that shouldn�t be too difficult for us to do. �(someone has probably even as I write written a worksheet about fishing... joke).

And really what are we talking about: waiting a couple of days, that�s all,�

But if people want to help, fine help, send my worksheets if you want, I uploaded them and consider them public domain (as anybody who uploads anything to the internet should assume). �As teachers we should always walk the same line, we shouldn�t change our attitude just because we feel we�ve been cheated. �(how would we survive in the classroom?). �I have tried to help many people (hopefully with success), I have never sent a worksheet to anybody. �That�s my line, I won�t change.

26 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

Truthfully, I also find it distasteful that people seem to be begging (politely asking?) for stuff constantly. I had to wait until I got my points like all of us here did. And I don�t mind spending my points on downloading stuff I don�t need from new members so that they recieve points - in fact, this is what I have been doing lately with my 30 free points. I don�t even save the stuff... I just press the download button..

Why might you ask? Simple, the fastest way to stop this "begging" is for members to obtain enough points to actually be able to download themselves 30 free printables a day.

I refuse to download other people�s stuff, though I have sent my own stuff voluntarily to some members without them even asking for it. I think that if I have the printable and they are asking nicely on the main forum about who has such and such a printable ...and they are ready to spend a point for it and not get it for free, then I believe in helping them out.

What comes around goes around and if you treat others with respect, respect is usually what you�ll get back.

26 Nov 2008     

< Previous   1    2