Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About reported Ws    

About reported Ws

anitarobi
Croatia

I agree with Borna, but must admit I �ve had the same experience as what blunderbuster describes...

21 Jun 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear Mabdel, Hi to you all.

I understand that it would be nicer to send a pm to the members who infringed the rules instead of reporting the worksheets right away. I believe we all agree to that.

We must be practical, though. As Regina has said, that would be easy for a member who eventually comes across a worksheet that does not abide by the rules. He/she sends a pm and later on checks if the member has updated the worksheet and if not he/she reports it.

But what about those people who take the time to see all the day �s contributions?

Just to give you an example, it �s common for me to come across 20 to 30 worksheets a day that infringe one or more rules of the site. That takes me about one to one and a half hours. To send a pm to each member explaining which rule they were infringing would imply about an hour. That would mean 2 and a half hours so far . But what then? I would have to keep track of those I sent a pm to and report the ones that have not updated their work. That would be extremely hard work (writing down all the names of the members, the number of the worksheets...) and also time-consuming - about 2 hours for that at least. 4 hours and 30 minutes on the whole. No one can expect that from me or any other member of the site. I believe you all agree to that too.

So, what should we conclude? It �s much easier for each member to take five minutes of their time to read the rules. If they don �t, well then it �s their responsibility and they must accept the consequences, without being annoyed, I must add, because they had a choice.

Have a nice day,
mena

21 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I just want to share something from my own experience: I PMed some mebers to warn them that they have to update their wss as they do not respect the rules of the site. Guess what!!!!!!!! I was amazed to see how they reacted!! They cursed me, they called me names, they told me I have no right to judge their work!!! 
Why do we have to get this? A good deed is sometimes ( more often) seen as an extravagance. People who get this kind of PM think that we (moderators) are Gods and we ask them to do whatever we want!!! Not the case! 
But anyway.......WHY? Maybe there are some good members, people who accept to change/update their wss but what if we get another maniac? (Victor deleted an account because that member used inappropriate words towards me- it started from a very good advice- to update the ws) 
So.....we think twice before writing a PM. 

21 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I can second everything donapeter has said so far...

In order to avoid adding a similar reply to the ones that have already been written, I would just like to say that I also totally agree with mena, silvia.patti, Michaela (MJ) and blunderbuster!

Dear Mabdel, that doesn �t mean you �re completely wrong, BUT - like mena said - it is far too time-consuming and therefore impossible to "warn" everyone who has uploaded a copied ws!!

BTW, sooo many users do it deliberately - do you really think a PM would make them delete their copy?? I don �t, sorry! ;))

21 Jun 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Hello dear friends from all over the world!

I also totally agree with Anita, Mena, Silke, Regina, Chris!
 Moderators are not that bad, aren �t we? Wink  
Moderators  don �t want to hurt anybody.
They sometimes spend  several hours trying to check new contributions, voting, debating some cases.  They do it because they are addicted to this site and they love the spirit of sharing here and they want to keep it running. Moderators don �t gain any benifits of being moderators. They are volunteers.  The only thing they want other members:

READ THE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE SENDING YOUR WORK. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

And they want to have a little bit more free time to spend with their families and friends.

Have a wonderful day (evening) nice people from all over the world! Hug

21 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Addicted? Me? Clown

21 Jun 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Hi  hope you �re doin well
but I see that I was  misunderstood I didn �t say  that moderators are bad and I �ll never say such thing coz I believe that all people in this site are great. Just clarify that some of new users get easily furiuos by reporting their Ws before  informing them as result they quit easily.
You �re doing great and everyone confess it and without you things will fall apart from the beginning .Am not old in this site It was just a few month ago and my love to it grows up every second more and more.
Thank u  for your great work I do like it a lot.
have a nice time.
Yours, Mabdel.

21 Jun 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Every day, I find at least one good reason to stay away from the forum:
Some members post sarcastic comments and attacks, humiliate people in public and find necessary to use unpleasant and ugly onomatopoeias. They post thread after thread just to say "I �m here".
Other members should disappear after having broken the most basic rules, but no, they are back, preaching fairness and honesty to others, acting like God and distributing rewards to their supporters and to the ones who celebrated when they came them.

I will not be reacting to posts that will follow mine. So save your efforts. I�m going back to real life.

A nice day to everyone and especially to you Mabdel. A warm hello to Morocco, the country where I was born and grew up.

Best wishes from very hot, sunny Jerusalem.
Aim�e

21 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I try to figure out what you mean Aimee. Confused 
Anyway...I find it necessary to tell my point of view from time to time. I am quite an old member (meaning I am here since the beginning, not that I am old- no way) here and I know how this site was at the beginning. Then it was even more difficult to get points as it is now and we had no forum and we didn �t complain. And we survived. I am sometimes frustrated when I see new members complaining and asking the moon in the sky!

21 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi Aimee,

You �ve got quite a name there! Me, too ;o))))) I know you were here before me, but I can �t help it, forgive me.

Aimee, I have a suggestion for you (yes, I know, you didn�t ask for one) how about changing your picture to black and white? Yes, BW not grayscale.

And, FYI I just turned 34, now that�s a riddle for you, ain�t it?

The mando un besito.

21 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >