Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > cool down on reporting ws    

cool down on reporting ws

ikebana
France

cool down on reporting ws

Cool down my friends !Ying Yang That �s no big deal ! Just remember to love and cherish people around  you and keep in mind those two verses in all circumstances :"I am the master of my fate ; I am the captain of my soul" William Ernest Henley "Invictus"
peace and love to you all
hugs IkebanaHug

21 Jun 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear ikebana, I can understand you feel disappointed because your ws has been removed. But there is no need to start another thread about it. The rules are written and everyone can read it. So why do you make such an issue of it? Reporting and moderating are hard and toime-consuming. Much more than reading the rules.Wink
Have a great day, Michaela

21 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

we are 349049 registered users and we have 308850 printables...
The rules are very clear, & we are all supposed to be able to read. I understand one can get upset if reported - I was!- Cry : I got reported too .
Dear Ikebana, I can see you �ve already updated & sent your wsThumbs Up Sooo, everything �s fine.
When one wishes to be part of a community, one accepts the rules beforehand, don �t they ???
I agree with Michaela that most of the people here who moderate give their precious time for this site to be the best one, & surely spend long hours to check the ws.
Not aimed at you ;o), but I think it �s pretty easy to take one �s 30 daily downloads, & just don �t bother about anything else. You cannot see the reported contributions, but if you could, you �d be amazed at the number of stolen material...! 
Let �s hope the French football team is not starting a shameful fashion...Thumbs Down
Have a great day,
Sylvie
edit PS : Lindsey, my country does not find them ...entertaining! I wish you could see the headlines!!!
Hopefully, that bunch have enough money to go & live ...abroad! LOL ( In yesterday �s poll, 75 % of the French people support the South African team for Tuesday...)
Nuke

21 Jun 2010     

lshorton99
China

I agree with Michaela and Sylvie. Reporting a worksheet is not malicious - it �s not designed to attack someone. It �s done to ensure this site keeps running well - for to benefit of everyone.

I was pleasantly surprised last week when there were only about 5 contributions on the reporting page. I thought maybe people had finally read and understood the rules of the site. Sadly, I was wrong and it �s back to its normal level. No one takes pleasure in viewing reported contributions and eliminating someone �s work - we do it to make this site the best possible. I wish people would stop taking it so personally.

Lindsey

Sylvie - at least the antics of the French team are more entertaining than watching England play - zzzzzzzzzz Sleepy

21 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Most moderators are doing a truly terrific job and they still get to hear this sort of stupid (SORRY) advice every now and then. Victor has invented the moderating system in order to get rid of loads of copies and that was certainly one of the best ideas he has ever had, at least IMHO!!

If people sticked to the rules, there would be no need to report their wss!

I could add some more points, however, that �s not a good idea as I �m starting to get rather annoyed about having to read things like "cool down on reporting ws"...

So I �m just saying that I strongly agree with Michaela, Lindsey and Sylvie.

21 Jun 2010     

ikebana
France

I �m afraid you all got me wrong !
I only meant : okay I did sth "wrong" now it �s time to turn the page and look ahead , THAT �S ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FOLKS ! I was not starting another thread about it .
hope you got me right this time! 
have a nice day
many hugs to all of you!!!!!!!!!Hug

21 Jun 2010