Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What do you miss most?    

What do you miss most?

Zora
Canada

Hmmm... since I really don�t get a real holiday and work straight through the summer; I �d say that I don�t really miss anybody or anything! It�s just a different pace with different students (with different problems sometimes) and when I do get a break, it�s pure heaven! LOL

But maybe, after a few weeks, I miss the creative side of things like making up worksheets and things. Smile

21 Jun 2010     

class centre
Belarus

I �m lucky to have a 3 month holiday, since my school was out on the 31 of May. But I can not say that I miss it ( though I adore my work!) because we are replacing the windows in the school and doing all necessary preliminary work and later ( br-r-r-r!) cleaning! Wacko
But to tell the truth, without school I don �t know where to put myself . I have a lot of home and family work, but since my daily routine is changed I find myself .....lost.
Have a nice evening!

21 Jun 2010     

kmochniak
Poland

Hi everyone!

To be honest, I don �t miss anything at the beginning of holidays. The only thing I slightly dislike is... not being busy!!! After �a month I begin to prepare an outline for the next year, not to be forced to do that when I really won �t have time for anything!

Hugs,

Kasia

21 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Honestly, when my lessons stop I miss teaching, because my holidays don �t start for another month and a half, and most of what we do during those days is paperwork - sorting out and finishing current paperwork and preparing those for next year. When my holidays start, at first, when I was younger, I missed everything, and nowadays, as Mena says, experience and age have brought me to the point where I don �t really miss anything or anyone... for about 2-3 weeks. And then about a month before my lessons start I miss a lot of things...
I never missAngry:
- overambitious parents who live their own dreams vicariously through their unsuspecting, suffering children
- worrying about some colleagues whom I have to do a project with and can �t rely on
- some students - mostly those who are accustomed to getting everything for nothing at home and get mad when I don �t share that view
- experienced colleagues who still believe sharing is a one way street in their direction
- teacher trainees who think they know everything, won �t ask, don �t take advice and don �t care about work, but only about pay(as if anyone ever got materially rich from teaching)
- the side-effects of teaching such as loss of voice, picking up viruses from coughing sts, bringing lots of work home, some unneccessary paperwork...

I always missHug:
- my preschoolers and the looks on their faces when I preteach a rhyme through a story and they walk into my world  eyes wide open
- my school kids (7-11) and their first independent uses of blocks of language which surprise even themselves and their enthusiasm for every single project we do
- my teenagers (12-15) and their battle between intellect and emotion, and their cheekiness, and the how they give themselves all out when you hit just the right material with them
- my high school classes and their almost adult comments, and being able to compare them to when they were preschoolers (because I �m lucky enough to have a lot of those sts) and what they knew about the world then and now, and how their English grew with them...
- my elementary adult classes - and the rare lessons when I teach them through games as if they were kids and they actually learn the most
- my colleagues who share - materials, life, the good and the bad...
- some of my teacher trainees - and the moment they finally relax and feel what teaching is all about, and the moment of pride when I see them with their sts during their final show for the parents and we �re all bursting with pride...
- the rush when I get a new idea or rehearse a new play with sts, and the proud feeling that I did sth good that I sometimes get before I go to sleep...

OK, too emotional, I know... I �ll stop now...

21 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Let me just remove my long reply from being visible and taking up so much space by doing this...

THANK YOU - to all of you who have shared so far and those of you who are about to...

21 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Anita,
That �s smart!Big smile

21 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I �ll miss the times I said to myself : " Please God, make them skip this class,too!!!" LOL Or: " Oh, I hope Philip stays home today". 

21 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Donapeter, you must then miss the times Philip did stay homeWink

21 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

You don �t know Philip! A pain in the ass. But...we also had good days too!!!LOLHe is 19 and he repeated the 10th grade 2 times. Imagine that. And ...he has a lot of energy. I am sure you would have wanted Phillip to stay home too!!!LOL LOL

21 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

I �ve got one!!! His name �s Felix!!LOLLOL...Eddy �s not bad at making me crazy either!..sighWink ( They �re 16)
Dead

21 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >