Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Self-promotion mystery solved.    

Self-promotion mystery solved.

sulekra
Australia

Self-promotion mystery solved.

For those that are interested in how the self-advertising shill mystery from these two following threads ended...

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=20397
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=20398

...both yusufi and hasanjabr were indeed owned by the same person - hasanjabr a sock-puppet of yusufi to help advertise, promote, praise and download his own worksheets.

The biggest surprise is that yusufi had over 2500 points and was STILL not happy, and instead decided to disrespect all of us, not only as fellow teachers but also as intelligent, perceptive people.

It really is rather disappointing, the competition is to be the best teacher you can be in the classroom, not to have the most (ultimately meaningless) points...

-Adam

21 Jun 2010      

magneto
Greece

Hi!
I �ve seen the threads you �re referring to...Really disappointing, indeed...
Just a question, though...How did you find out?

21 Jun 2010     

sulekra
Australia

I asked Victor to check the IP addresses and the downloads between them, and he confirmed they �re both one and the same, so they �ve been deleted.
But mostly it was the easily spotted clues like how the two accounts looked somehow connected, such as all the over-the-top comments the two accounts left on each others worksheets praising that they had never ever seen better quality in their life and other statements like this, then the two threads just made it all fit together...

21 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

well done, Watson ! 

21 Jun 2010     

S.Reisner
Brazil

I couldn`t agree more. We`re all trying to be better teachers and that`s why we`re part of this community. It`s not a question of how many points we have. And you are extremelly smart. Congratulations, Sherlock.

21 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Sorry to interrupt your party

I think this kind of issue should be announced ( or not ),

ONLY by Victor.

It �s shameful to advertise here, in the forum, how good we are.It �s a kind of well educated, civic rule.
These advertisements are Victor �s duties, when and only when he thinks, feels, they are worth.
Sorry,  but I don �t think you have done a good job, by raising your flag " I am the one "

Think about it, and don �t forget, this is Victor �s house, we can be his route companions, we can openly think differently, but we should never say that we advised the master.
One day, our "master" wakes up upside down and he can throw us away.

Sleep well
linda

21 Jun 2010     

sulekra
Australia

I am sorry if you interpretted this post as gloating, it was mostly just to let those that took part in the original discussion know what happened in case they were curious. I definately did not want this to be �me me me �, and I only mentioned Victor and the IP address when asked. My main point was just to ask people to see beyond the points and not do things like this user did, so I �m truly sorry if it came across badly:)

21 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Hi everyone!
Good detective job! This goes to prove what a bad thing greed is, doesn �t it. As if someone gives out prizes or something if you have the most points....
As for being Victor �s job to make all these announcements, well, Victor is master but he �s not God and he can �t be everywhere and spot everything. A great site like this needs its users to be vigilant. I on my part didn �t detect any desire on sulekra �s part to show off. Someone asked him how he dis it and he replied. And even if he had boasted a little it would be well worth it because of the thousants of people that saw the thread anly he noticed something fishy was going on. Good job again!
And, people, now we all know what to look out for don �t we? Be vigilant everybody. I �m sure it will make the moderators � life easier.

22 Jun 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Hi Adam, thanks for letting us know about it. You did it right :D
Regards from Andalucia,
Olga

22 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi sulekra

Some people don �t see " beyond the points " and don �t see beyond anything.
Yesterday and today, many people rose a rags of post about how bad everyone else is, all they, except " me ".
People are going further than their legs allow. People decided to show up and DICTATE new rules, rules which Victor never spoke about, rules about " I am thinking ; I don �t like this , this is similar to that, so,    I SAY - It �s not allowed in this forum to... bla, bla, bla "

Please, people, my country, a very popular saying:
" Each monkey stays on his own branch "
We DO have a webmaster, no need for us to be so silly to think that this poor site will vanish if ...."I don �t".... or " I didn �t "

Anything like this, we can pm Victor, let him know how we are concerned about something, how we fear the world may be running to the end, ... but then, please, let the "POOR" webmaster have a life and don �t try to live his.

People who have an opinion one day and a slightly different the following day are not to trust.

So, dear
Sulekra, don �t get me wrong, but let us leave these quarrels as intimate as possible.
as we say here, in my country:
Good people don �t do the laundrry in the street.  ---- LOL

I forgive you   - JUST LIKE IF I WAS THE MASTER.
I understand your point, but surely this is not the right place. I could have pmed you, but others would only see your part of the story, and not mine.

Friends
Hugs
linda

22 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Give the guy a break, what he did what a good thing. Wouldnt you report a crime in your neighbourhood? Wouldn �t you inform people you know of what happened so they could help prevent it from happening again? That �s all he did. If all monkeys stayed on their branches this site wouldnt be here. That �s what the site is: monkeys (lol) reaching out to each other, helping eacher, exchanging ideas. Stay on your branch if you like. The rest of us will air disrty laundry as we find it.

22 Jun 2010     

1    2    Next >