Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question about using clipart licensed in the following way    

Question about using clipart licensed in the following way

magneto
Greece

Question about using clipart licensed in the following way

Ok, so here �s a license agreement I �ve found about some clipart that I want to use. What do you make out of it? Can I or can �t I use it in something I will then upload here?

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

You cannot sell any site content singly or as a collection of printables or graphics, without permission or license. You cannot modify Clip Art �n Crafts artwork or make products to sell with Clip Art �n Crafts graphics on them without permission and/or license from the artist.

You can publish single copies of our graphics on your blog or web site if you link to this web site and follow the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license.

Copyright owner reserves the right to remove, modify or change any content and to modify the terms of use at any time.

Thanks in advance!

22 Jun 2010      

libertybelle
United States

As far as I can see - you can use this site �s clipart on a worksheet if you credit them at the bottom by adding a link to their site.
L

22 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

That was quickSmile Thank you, Libertybelle! That �s what I thought...
And now, one more question: I intend to use this clipart to make a template, so I can �t credit them on  the worksheet...Do you think it �s ok to credit them in the description, instead?

22 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Magneto
I �m not so sure about.
You can publish single copies of our graphics
I think you can �t upload printables anywhere with these clips, because you would be modifying them with your worksheet.

on your blog or web site if you link to this web site
Not in a printable in a webpage that is not yours and where you can �t make a link.
I think you can use single clips as decoration.

Under the following conditions:

• Attribution � You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

What does "Attribute this work" mean?
    The page you came from contained embedded licensing metadata, including how the creator wishes to be attributed for re-use. You can use the HTML here to cite the work. Doing so will also include metadata on your page so that others can find the original work as well.
  • Noncommercial � You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

• No Derivative Works � You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Creative commons is a kind of end licence; you can use it with your students, in your classes, but, with this three conditions, you can �t  "   build upon this work      ", so, there is less you can do, except if you get the author �s permission.
You can check here
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

have a nice day
linda

22 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you, Linda...I �ll check the link again, as I still have some doubts...And, for the time being, I �ll stick to other clipart resources, just to be on the safe sideWink 

22 Jun 2010     

borna
Croatia

I sent a mail to a website owner a few days ago with the same guestion, the site is for exchange of recipes, with lots of amazing photos of food, and I received a reply that Creative commons etc, etc, means that you can use any photo free of charge, but you have to name the source of the photo. I think it is the same thing. If you still have doubts, e-mail the site and ask.

22 Jun 2010     

borna
Croatia

It �s okay to name the source in the description, it �s what I do.

22 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thanks, Borna! You are most helpful!

22 Jun 2010