Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TECHNO GREMLINS NO MORE    

TECHNO GREMLINS NO MORE

Vickiii
New Zealand

TECHNO GREMLINS NO MORE

WELCOME TO THE LACK OF PATIENCE MONSTER

There once was a wonderful esol place,
People would take their time and never race,
The work was shared out
The points appeared about,
A day or two later under our face. (you know our avatar picture - nothing else would rhyme)

People talked about their teaching,
We were most concerned about reaching,
The students of English
From Russians to Spanish
And no one was ever emailing to go a leaching.

But alas no more we sadly say,
For another request is made each day,
Can I have something for free,
Why not give it to me,
I can�t do it for myself - no way!

LACK OF PATIENCE

25 Nov 2008      

Mietz
Germany

I�m guilty!!!
I�m planning to make a worksheet from the text with the Present Perfect and I promise to upload it or an equivalent if there is a copyright problem! :-) (I just got the help I needed and erased my request! I really really appreciate it!!!)
Very creative poetry! :-)

25 Nov 2008     

spring
Turkey

bulldog animated gif You know a few days ago somebody criticised using pet gifs..
But Anyway I wanna  show my reaction to what has been happening  again with gifs.
(Frenchfrog,Miriam and many others do not make me alone about this matter)
Perfect analyse Vickii..
Lately anything attracts attention in an unpleasant way..

25 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

(Sorry, it is not animated this time!)

25 Nov 2008     

kaz76
United Kingdom

aww Mietz - I know that you got the help you needed but that�s a shame that you deleted your request for help.  Everyone here is so helpful and people should be allowed to ask for help without feeling guilty and having to delete their requests  (and I know that asking for free worksheets is what the poem was meaning and not people just asking for normal help and advice but it has led to someone feeling guilty and deleting their request and that makes me really sad). 

25 Nov 2008     

Mietz
Germany

No, no, no - it wasn�t meant that way at all. I deleted my message because I got help and I don�t want to waste space in the forum with things that aren�t necessary anymore.
I do feel I�m using this community quite a bit though because I haven�t contributed in ages. I will again - I promise!

On the subject of people asking for downloads - I kind of feel that I had to earn my first 30 points. I think it�s not such a good idea to just download worksheets to give somebody points for a premium membership. The set standards are very high. I think we should keep it that way. If people don�t immediately get 30 points, they should look at the most downloaded contributions and use them as examples. That�s the way to grow I think, but as I said - I am more than due to contribute again myself...

25 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

The lack of patience monster was also aimed at myself...

I just had to reread several times - for a second there I thought someone was accusing me of hassling mietz...
I would never do that she is way to wonderful and helpful to hassle!

Hi Mietz..

25 Nov 2008     

kaz76
United Kingdom

Oh that�s a good idea Mietz and now I don�t have to feel sad :)))  I love your cat btw - cats are my favourite animal and I have one little cat curled up on my lap at the moment who head butts me until I move my laptop to let her sit down.

And Vickiii I really like your poems - they are so creative and you are able to write them so quickly - I�m pretty jealous because I�m so hopeless at poetry lol

25 Nov 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Don�t worry - I�m just hassled by my lack of sleep and loads of work at the moment. Thanks Vickiii for the compliment. I�m feeling honoured! Can I return it (hopefully that�s the correct thing to say :-) ) and thank you for your poems, too?
To kaz76 - I wish I had a cat curling up to me, but I live on the 20th floor in a flat. Not really that suitable for a cat, so my avatar is my sister�s cat, because it�s appearance is a bit like mine :-)
Anyway - me off to bed now - finally ...

P.S. I�m really happy about that text I got ... :-)

25 Nov 2008     

meuge
Argentina

Vickiii!!!
I love your techno gremlins poems!!!! They are awesome!!! As kaz76 I also envy your poetry!!!! How do you do to create such nice  and funny lines so easily!!?? LOL

25 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

ty Kaz, meuge  and mietz.  To be honest i only really started writing them since i started teaching.  Whenever I ask my students to write I turn to the board and follow their instructions as well.  I find this settles the class very quickly as they all want to be quiet while i think of a poem, story, letter, etc.  It also means they don�t all need to ask questions as they have a real life example happening up on the board to use as an example and for inspiration.

I find that the students who need extending don�t need my example and just get on with it.  And the students who need help benefit from seeing an example being created.  They use my ideas and change them into their own words. 

I always ask if anyone would like to read mine and choose the students who are usually to shy to share their own work - they love getting to read out my story and it makes them feel successful rather than like dissapearing into thin air...

no one ever knows what a kiwi is....I was thinking of changing my avatar - do you think i suit dragons??

25 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >