Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A Conundrum    

A Conundrum

annabelle1654
Germany

A Conundrum

Hi everyone,

Please help me figure this out, if you can.  I got a job teaching technical english in a corporate setting. Due to a misunderstanding on both side, we ordered the book, but it is not level appropriate for many of the students. Classes are now underway. Has anyone ever had experience with a bad book, or found that the material was not level appropriate? Can you tell me how you handled it?

Thanks in advance,
Belles

24 Jun 2010      

olaola
Italy

I did �t use the book but used the wonderful ws of esl printables instead!

24 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Same here, Olaola!!
I could not use a book I had ordered for my Special Needs, & as I work for the French State, you can imagine I did not get any money afterwards!!!!
Soooooo, I used these wonderful ws here, & downloaded MP3 from the Net...Hard work!!! I can tell you!!!( My Special needs have 4 hours of English / a week....!!!)
Best of luck!
Sylvie

24 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

You make up for it - if it �s too difficult, you only do the tasks which can be handled or help your sts by reading with them, enrich by level appropriate wss, and read to look for key words and memorise key vocabulary; if it �s too easy, do extra tasks, use the reading texts as tasks and have your sts write expanded versions of them, plus use wss...

24 Jun 2010     

annabelle1654
Germany

Thank you, thank you for your answers and examples. And I do use our worksheets. I �m a great fan of all of you!
Belles

24 Jun 2010