Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > APPOLOGY - NEVER ON PURPOSE AGAINST THE RULES    

APPOLOGY - NEVER ON PURPOSE AGAINST THE RULES

sandrami60
Colombia

APPOLOGY - NEVER ON PURPOSE AGAINST THE RULES

Good morning all,

I want to appologize for my last worksheet "Simple Past Exercises" in which I included a watermarked clip. I wasn �t sure about what a watermarked picture was until Chus Estebanez yesterday explained to me through a P.M.
Thanks Chus for warning me before reporting it. I wanted to edit the printable and change the picture about London that contains the watermark, but I didn �t have time. Today when I was going to do it, i found it was reported and I couldn �t make the change. I have done several worksheets and if you revise them there is not any problem about them because I would never do that on purpose. WHY WOULD I GO AGAINST THE RULES AND WANT TO LOSE MY POINTS? To the ones that downloaded my worksheet I want to ask to change that picture or wait for the administrator to let me make the change in the worksheet. I promise I will ask about any doubt before uploading any file.

Thank you all for your comments about my worksheets.  And thank you all for your wondeful worksheets that have been so useful to me and above all to my students.

Have a nice day.

Sandra �lvarez.

24 Jun 2010      

stexstme
France

Hey Sandra,
Do not be so upset : This happens to everyone here! I - for one - am sure people use watermarked cliparts even without knowing what a watermark is!!
Being reported in that case - & many others!Wink - does not make you a bad person. 
I �ll keep saying what is - maybe...- boring to some ears : I always report stolen contributions without pming the uploader, but as far as watermarks are concerned, I keep pming FIRST....because I know people are not always aware of the copyright issues, & because someone was kind enough to pm me when one of my ws had a watermark - & did not report my ws ....( edit : Someone = Silvia from Italy)
Keep sharing, Sandra,
SylvieBig smile

24 Jun 2010     

sandrami60
Colombia

Thanks a lot Sylvie!! I �m not upset but worried, because I LOVE TO BELONG TO THIS COMMUNITY and I don �t want to have any inconvenient with other members nor with Victor. Smile

24 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

You surely won �t, Sandra!!! We are plenty here with the same problem!!!LOL 
Welcome to the club!!!LOL
Tons of hugs!!Hug

24 Jun 2010     

coyote.chus
Spain

Hi Sandra,
It was me who reported your worksheet... after all. I did so because it was not the first time that I pmed someone because of watermarked cliparts, some of them thanked me and uploaded the worksheet, others simple didn �t answer, and there were also those who said thanks but as days went by, I could see no change in the worsheet. So I waited for some time and as I finally didn �t see any change on it, I just reported it. I �m really sorry as you say you were going to make changes but dind �t have time for it. I will wait longer next time.
Sorry again.
Chus.

24 Jun 2010     

sandrami60
Colombia

It �s OK Chus, you made me realize of how important it is to pay more attention and have enough time to do worksheets or changes in a good way!!, it is just that I have a one year old baby, and sometimes I find it hard to create the worksheets or make the corrections in them. I will be more careful. Thanks a lot.

24 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi Chus,
I do not know what a long time means to you - keeping in mind we have different hours!! - Colombia is a far away country, & I don �t know what time it is there!!! ... + Many people - eg : ME!!! - do not log in EVERY DAY!! 
But let me tell you this : I once got a pm from Silvia : http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=271855#thetop
who told me that there was ONE watermarked clipart on one of my ws... As I was away ( school trip to the UK with 60 kids...) I could not answer.. of course!!!
When I got back home - a week later :
1/ I discovered the pm & thought : .... Then, I realized that person had waited for more than a week, & did not report my ws... Because she obviously understood I did not do it on purpose...!!!!!!!!!
2/ I updated my ws - & that was it...
& I �m grateful to her.
We - I!!!!!!! - have always the time!! If not = Log out! & breathe some fresh air.
Not speaking about stolen ontributions, of course.
Sylv

24 Jun 2010