Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PROJECTS IDEAS NEEDED    

PROJECTS IDEAS NEEDED

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

PROJECTS IDEAS NEEDED

HI, 
A MONTH AGO I PREPARED A PROJECT WITH SMALL KIDS ABOUT A TRAVELLING BOOK WITH POEMS.
THE IDEA IS THAT THEY HAVE TO TAKE YHE BOOK TO THEIR HOUSES AND READ THE POEMS, CHOOSE ONE AND DRAW ABOUT IT. ONE STUDENT TAKES IT ONCE A WEEK.
NAOAW I HAVE TO PREPARE A SIMILAR ONE BUT WITH BIGGER STUDENTS. THEY ARE IN THEIR THIRD YEAR OF ENGLISH AND THEY ARE BETWEEN 9 AND 11 YEARS OLD.
CAN UA GIVE ME SOME IDEAS TO MAKE IT INTERESTING?
THANKS IN ADVANCE .
Tongue

26 Jun 2010      

pink4 (Virginia)
Uruguay

Smile Hi Valeria! How about asking them to add one or two lines to the original poem and then choosing the most interesting / creative? Or giving the poem with missing words and asking them to complete it but taking into consideration the rhyme, meaning or structure?
Cheers from Salto!

26 Jun 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

Dear Valeria
                          I teach 9 years old and last month we prepared a travelling folder which proved to be very successful mainly among parents. I asked students to bring some photographs: 1 of them nowadays, a second one of them when they were one or two years old, a third one of their best friends and a fourth one of their families. We stuck the photohraphs on a coloured cardboard (legal size) and under each photo Ss write about them Eg
In number one they introduce themselves (name, age) and they wrote about their likes and interests
In 2 they described themselves when they were little. What they were like, and what they were interested in.
In 3 they described their friends (name, age) they wrote when they met and what they like doing together
Finally in 4 they describe their families (parents � name and brothers and sisters age and names)
They also mentioned what their parents were good at and what their jobs were.
I also included two or three pages for comments, so that parents can leave a comment about the folder and their kids work.
Everybody enjoyed the folder and I received wonderful comments from parents.
I hope this can help you
Congrats on the classification in the worldcup!
Love from Argentina
NAtalia 

27 Jun 2010     

Morticia87
Argentina

Hi! What about limmerics? I have a unit about them in the book we are using at school. They laugh a lot and try to invent more lines! I�ve never used them before but I was thinking that they can work with poems and then make the funny version through a limmeric... It sounds interesting  and funny!!

Hugs!

Sol

27 Jun 2010     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Favorite family recipes.

27 Jun 2010     

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

thanks for all girls Tongue

28 Jun 2010