Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TEACHERS NEEDED FOR IN-COMPANY LESSONS IN BA     

TEACHERS NEEDED FOR IN-COMPANY LESSONS IN BA

donapeter
Romania

@elderberrywine
It �s not that I complain about it....It was my choice to join this system...I knew from the very beginning that the salary is low. Nobody should be surprised when earning this money as we all know it from the beginning. Good! My sister studied in Germany...a technical University in south, I know how expensive life is there, but it is similar to ours. Believe it or not.
I don �t like to complain I just state the facts. I assume all my deeds as I knew how it would be from the very beginning. Thumbs Up

27 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I believe that there might be some truth in the facts stated in the ad.

Some language schools go belly up because they don �t pay their teachers good money and the quality of instruction suffers. Few language schools are able to learn from the mistakes that others made and pay more, don �t only hire teachers "passing through" the country, have an interest in attracting and keeping motivated, dedicated and qualified staff. I was lucky to work for such a place for 6 years.

Unfortunately, in some countries education still seems to be the sector where costs are cut first, especially when times are tough. I can live with that but what bothers me is that most people who want education are always so cheap when it comes to paying a teacher. Some think that because some people didn �t have to pay for their language skills, they should pass them on to others for free as well.

In my opinion education has to have a price in order to be valued. And here we might come back to the question if we should or shouldn�t charge students our hourly even if they don�t show up for class or cancel at short notice.  

27 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Here it �s common for people to say that we are paid enough, as we have 2 and a half months off in summer, a week in Easter and two weeks (which have just begun! ) in winter. They have no idea that planning and looking for resources continues non-stop, even if we spend a week or two at the beach in summer, which is not often the case ... money, of course ! And yes, education and health budgets are cut first, and I wouldn �t say we can live with that ... rather, we have to live with that ... it affects us directly ...

And, Regina, sts paying even if they don �t come to class is common practice here. Schools charge 11 months out of a  year (private ones) no matter what. Publics don �t charge anyghing, of course, as everywhere else, I guess . And charging when sts don �t show up or cancel at short notice is  and has always been a problem in private tuition, at least for me. Sometimes you have to consider the reason why they don �t come or if you have had that st for many years it �s like they feel they have the "right" to demand reduction in the fee ! ...

Anyway, I �d like mariana, who opened the thread with the ad, to tell us sth more about the job !  Thank you !

27 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Congrats on your team winning , German colleagues ! I �m not that into football, but if you are, I hope you �re celebrating today ...  Thumbs Up

27 Jun 2010     

fifey
United Kingdom

I am currently working for a language school and receive only �15 per hour for my work. My last employment teaching adults was �22 per hour, and the job after that was salaried. I think it depends on if you actually enjoy the job. I need a reasonable amount of money to live on, and retain a certain standard of living, but i knew that teaching was considered to be a poor profession. Sadly in many cases this is true.
A primary school teacher in the UK has a minimum of �18500 as a starting pay. Adult education pays hourly and you miss out on holiday pay, pension etc. It �s a real dilemma deciding what to do.

27 Jun 2010     

marianamerega
Argentina

What a surprise to see so many replies and so much debate! Sorry if we were not clear in our ad but it is so difficult to explain what we do and what we want in such a few words...

We �ll try explain a bit better what we mean:

- Flexible timetables: this is not students being free to cancel or change their class as they please, but we offer the teachers different schedules that suit better their availability: early morning, midday and early afternoon, evening, etc.

- Favourble working conditions: As we are teachers as well as the coordinators, we truly believe that it is very important to work in a friendly and respectul atmosphere where teachers and coordinators work together to get the best for each of the students. We respect our profession, our students and our teachers alike.

- Excellent pay: for 2010 in-company lessons are being paid $40 the hour. We believe this is not what is usually paid for in-company classes here in BA. If the teachers are available we always try to offer several classes running at a same place. 

What we only ask for (but sometimes they have been difficult things to get) is:
- A careful and thorough planning of each class
- Strong commitment
- Creativity and Innovation

Thanks to all who have read our ads!!!!

28 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2