Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Clockwise pre-intermediate, Clockwise intermediate or New Eng. File Pre-intermediate Multipack A    

Clockwise pre-intermediate, Clockwise intermediate or New Eng. File Pre-intermediate Multipack A

carinita
Argentina

Clockwise pre-intermediate, Clockwise intermediate or New Eng. File Pre-intermediate Multipack A

I work as a private teacher with a student who is 28 years old and this st hasn �t have a chance to brush up her english since 6 years ago
We�ve had two lessons so far. She did some activities from Clockwise Pre- intermediate Classbook Unit 01 "Being me" Next lesson she �ll have a test so that I can check more in detail which are her weakneses/streghts
These are my notes from the 1st lesson:
+She said "I have never go to Europe" meaning "I have never visited Europe"
+She sometimes omitted the auxiliary verb after Wh- words in Wh-questions
+She rememberd how to formulate the question "Have you ever...?" to ask about personal experience
During the 2nd lesson we continued with activities from the same lesson (from CW)...she didn �t remember the rules of the past of be: was, were(be is difficult to learn!!!)
The activities she had made as homework had few mistakes
I come to the books part... I guess will have 40 lessons and then we �ll stop (summer in Argentina
But the thing is i can �t make up my mind
Would CW pre-intermediate be too easy for her?
How many classes will require to "almost" complete NEF Pre-intermediate multipackA?
I do not take face2face into account because it takes 80 lessons to cover all the contents of the book
Thanks in advance!! Heart

28 Jun 2010       Edit topic

28 Jun 2010      

caroay
Spain

Hi carinita,
I guess I can �t help you on your NEF or CW questions.. since I have never used those books. A book that I like a lot is Straightforward.. I don �t think it is as long as the NEF. Also, it depends on what she is trying to do with her English. If she is interested in developing her oral skills, you may try Natural ENglish. I haven �t used it myself.. but I had the opportunity to browse it a few weeks ago, and I think it �s OK if you are interested in spoken language.
Some of the teachers I work with have mentioned Inside out. They say there is a new version and they seem to like it.
Anyway.. I hope this is useful to you!
Take care,
Carolina

28 Jun 2010     

CariReguilleau
Argentina

Hi Carina, I �m Carina from Bariloche....I �ve taught to adults with NATURAL ENGLISH and my studetns found it interesting!! Take a look  at it!!I like it!

28 Jun 2010     

trelly
Argentina

I think you should not think about how long you will take to finish the book/ or how many classes you will have till summer. I would rather think about how to polish what she already knows and about how and what to teach her till the end of the year. Also, you depend on what happens in each lesson to see how long it will take to end a book, so, perhaps, if she already bought the book, you can provide her extra work from NEF.
I work with adults, and I �ve used NEF just as extra material. In your situation, I �d take a bit from here and a bit from there, untill your student gains confidence and starts showing you what she really CAN do. Then, you can choose activities from different sources, and see - perhaps better - results in a little time!

Hope this is useful!

28 Jun 2010     

caroay
Spain

I totally agree with you, trelly!!! That �s exactly what I would do!

28 Jun 2010     

MarianaC
Argentina

I agree. I wouldn �t rule F2F out either. It is meant to be covered over a longer period of time, but it gives you more flexibility at the same time. I mean, there are some activities that don �t need to be done, or could be completed as homework; some pair work or group work that will have to be adapted if she �s the only student in the class... So I think F2F would probably be perfect if you want her to buy a book to follow, as it would give you extra material to work with when she has difficulty with one thing in particular, and when she shows understanding of the subject taught, you can go through things much more quickly, thus allowing you to time your classes your own way.
Good luck!

28 Jun 2010     

carinita
Argentina

thanks Hug

29 Jun 2010