Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > BORING CLASSES =(    

BORING CLASSES =(

lypau
Mexico

BORING CLASSES =(

HELLO! =(

IT �S ME AGAIN, AND NOW I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP (AS ALWAYS)....

I �VE FELT THAT MY CLASSES ARE GETTING BORING, SPECIALLY IN THE MORNING CLASSES. IS THERE SOMETHING YOU CAN SUGGEST ME?

I �LL REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!

29 Jun 2010      

perma
Greece

what age and level are your students?

29 Jun 2010     

lypau
Mexico

I have students from 13 to 28 years old in all the levels. 

29 Jun 2010     

isabelle99
Monaco

With these sorts of classes, I like to have the 5 mn activities at the end of the lesson: I promised to stop 5 min before the end (sometimes 10 to 15min, depending on my pupils � spirits) and do something else that has noyhing to do with the studied theme but which is very attractive to them: for example,  we watch a funny advert and they have to guess the end or personality games or I use the overhead projector to show them the most tatooed girl in the world, the most pierced one, the fattest guy.... or else famous photos and they have to guess who/where/when...., Even a song with a video description or fill in the blanks. The problem is that you have to vary a lot because teens get easily bored AND sometimes it doesn �t work at all. All the best for you!

29 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

if you send me a pm with your mail address I �ll send you a large file with nice warming-up exercises and games that can be done at the beginning and at the end of the lesson. You �ll certainly find something among them. 

29 Jun 2010     

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

i have the same problem  Cry

my e mail is [email protected]
 if u can send me some information i will be glad :) 
thanks in advance

30 Jun 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
  You can have a game at the beginning of the class or at the end of it to change the everyday acivity....eg I use a ball to play in class asking questions tenses or the things yoyu are studying it is a nice activity to start the class with a short game.
    I hope it is useful for your classes
Thanks
   Bego�a

30 Jun 2010     

ants
Switzerland

I have been playing taboo and both my teens and adults love this game!!
It helps them think more in English and it isn �t that easy either!!
They have to describe something to the others without saying two words that are on the card.
I found the cards here on the site!!
Hugs,
Fiona

30 Jun 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

Like elderberrywine, If you send me  PM with your email address. I �m sure I can send interesting material for you and your students.

8 Jul 2010