Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > An interactive board    

An interactive board

petili
Bulgaria

An interactive board

Hi, everybody
This site is fantastic and I feel terrific to be part of your community!
I don �t write very often because I have no time but I enjoy every minute I can spend in this site
We �ve decided to buy an interactive board in our Language Centre. Have any of you had any experience with it? Are there any sites where I can get some more information about it  and how to use it and how to prepare lessons using an interactive board? i �ll appreciate any help or advice. Thanks in advance
Hugs
Petya

30 Jun 2010      

customer
Italy

Hi Petya,

I �ve been using an IWB for a couple of years and it �s excellent to motivate students, varying activities etc.
As for the sites where to find materials, tutorials and information in general, it depends on the type of whiteboard and software you �ve been using. Is it a SmartBoard? Are you using Notebook, Interwrite, Promethean...?
Try to type "interactive whiteboard" in the "Search forum posts" section ("Content"), you �ll find some sites which could be useful, to start with.

Good luck,
Chiara

30 Jun 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Hi
I just love my smartboard, although not this week as it is not working...again! Grrr!

I have made most of my programmes myself using the items from the activity toolkit which should be installed with the machine. You can use powerpoints very successfully and they will work by simply touching the screen.

There are quite a number of tutorials now available on youtube which are worth checking.
The very best way is to spend some time just playing with the machine.

I personally would hate to be without it now. Just writing on the notebook and being able to refer back to something you wrote 10-15 minutes ago is worth its weight in gold.

The way you can link to internet items is also awesome and saves hours of fiddling around.

Enjoy...don �t be frightened
Cheers Joy

30 Jun 2010     

petili
Bulgaria

Thanks, customer and joy2bill
I �ll do some research this weekend. We  haven �t bought it yet
Thanks a lot
Petya  

30 Jun 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I use an interactive white board (Promethean) and could not live without it anymore. However, I �ve kept my good old chalkboard. For me, nothing will replace a good teacher. A whiteboard is just another tool to spice it up in the classroom.

30 Jun 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

I �m still waiting to try it! May be next year!

30 Jun 2010     

constanzalonso
Spain

Have a look at this site.  Hugs from Spain. http://community.teqsmart.org/download.php

30 Jun 2010     

Sulany
Brazil

Hi,
check this out:
http://www.eslprintables.com/bookmarks/buscar.asp?contents=interactive+board&category=0&level=0&B5=Search

Best wishes

1 Jul 2010