Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Books    

Books

Kohaku
Japan

Books

Hello! I am trying to gather a collection of books that will help my students improve their English while learning. I heard of a wonderful series called What a World 1,2,3. This set has been amazing for my intermediate to advanced students age 12-18 years old. I have been tampering with the book World Club and Face to Face with my students ages 8-12 years old.

I am now in need of something fresh and interesting. I need a resource that can give my students new vocabulary and teach them something new. I hardly use exercises within a story since my classes are mainly speaking and not writing. I will however adapt any material that is suggested.

Please anyone if you have a textbook that you recommend me trying, kindly post some information.

Thanks!!!

5 Jul 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Have you tried Adventures http://www.oup.com/elt/catalogue/teachersites/adventures/?cc=global?
You could also use Penguin and MacMillan readers (MacMillan even has those in comic book form) with audio and interactive cds and dvds.

5 Jul 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

Have you ever heard of the "New Sky" series or the "challenges" series? Both  are from Pearson Longman. Excellent books.

8 Jul 2010