Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sorry to bother you....office 2010    

Sorry to bother you....office 2010

blunderbuster
Germany

Sorry to bother you....office 2010

Hi,

I am sorry to bother you but I have a question about Office 2010. Is it not possible anymore to group items of different nature, i.e. a picture and a speech bubble? It used to be no problem in my old, old, old version.

Also, I cannot move around the word art as I used to. Is it me?

Thanks

6 Jul 2010      

atsanti85
Canada

You should still be able to group them:

See if that works.  If you didn �t use Word 07 before the new ribbon can make things difficult.

6 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thank you, atsanti! (I used Office 2000 before Big smile and if my computer hadn �t given up on me I wouldn �t have upgraded, I was happy with what the "old" stuff could do)

Hug

6 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Wow version 2010.  Do you like it?  What �s better than the older versions and what �s new?
hugs L

6 Jul 2010     

lshorton99
China

I �ve been using Office 2010 for nearly six months now (the beta version - I �m cheap!) and I much, much, much prefer it to 2007, although I do miss 2003 sometimes.

For grouping objects, the ehow stuff works as long as the items are in the same position - for example �in front of text �. I can �t group something that is �in line with text � with something that is �behind text � although I can if one if behind and one in front. Text boxes and pictures, no problem!

Welcome to my world - it �s a shiny, happy 2010 place! Let me know about any cool features the full version has that mine doesn �t. I assume sooner or later I �ll be forced to buy it, but until then, I �m just enjoying it!

Lindsey

6 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi everyone and thanks, everyone ;o)

Well, it is taking me a long time to find stuff, it will be a while until I know my way around there......what I have noticed though is that I can rotate pictures now. I dislike the new "contrast feature" it doesn �t give me the flexibility the old version allowed. Also, lots of short-cut commands no longer work....

I love Windows 7, I hope I will get used to Office 2010.

Liberty, thanks for your answer in my earlier thread.

Hug

6 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

I wept when i saw that the new versions of Word had done away with the traditional menu and toolbar setting and I hate the ribbon at first, but know i absolutely can �t live without them. I have Office 2007 by the way. I �ve also noticed some difficulties in grouping items together as well as many commands that are gone or totally misplaced. However, I also noticed that my work time has been cut to half. So, they must have done something right!Hang in there, you �ll get the hand of it soon.
Hugs Vic

7 Jul 2010