Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Is it ok to send these ws?    

Is it ok to send these ws?

Cassy
Brazil

Is it ok to send these ws?

Hi.
I really want to know if it�s ok to send printables that I prepared using the activity books that my stds didn�t buy.
The school I work only sold the stds book. The activity book is only for the teacher, so I prepare for the UNITS ws using some of the activities from this book.
Is it ok if I send them?

Cassy

8 Jul 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

no you can not use books or exercises taken from books, read here the rules of the site.

8 Jul 2010     

Withina
Spain

Good morning from Spain,

Cassy if you read the rules of the website you will find the following extract (which is the one that concerns to you, I think):
  • If you have a worksheet that you didn �t make yourself (borrowed from a colleague teacher, for example) don �t send it. It might be taken from a website or book, and your account could be banned on account of it.

• You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

• If your worksheet is just a reading text, it will only be accepted if the text is written by you.

• It is acceptable to take a text from other sources (not ESL websites or ESL books) and add your own exercises or activities, but you are not allowed to take an exercise from another source and add more exercises of your own. All the exercises must be yours.

So if you have used some activities as a reference to create a complete worksheet adding your own ideas, I do not think you will have any problem once you share your contribution.

Have a nice day,

Withina

8 Jul 2010     

lshorton99
China

Hi Cassy

The rules are clear, I �m afraid. You can �t take any exercises/activities from another source and you can �t use texts from an EFL source, such as the Activity Book you mentioned.

You can only upload the worksheets if they don �t contain anything from the Activity book.

Lindsey

8 Jul 2010     

ayşe serpil
Benin

your project is wonderfull

8 Jul 2010