Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Is it fair? + flashcards and posters from picasa web    

Is it fair? + flashcards and posters from picasa web

blunderbuster
Germany

Could it be acts of desperation or a clear lack of Socratesian knowledge?

9 Jul 2010     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

@ Blunderbuster: Question desperation for points, again ?! Stern Smile Many points with little effort... and we wonder about some of the students...

9 Jul 2010     

stexstme
France

Who said these persons are desperate for points ???? Now, this is rude... I do understand - & agree with Silvana...BUT : Could someone tell me where I could read about copyrights in picasaweb ...? Not everyone knows what picasaweb is, & many here use their pics. Not saying it is RIGHT to do so, but careful before accusing.
MHO.
Sylvie

9 Jul 2010     

julytis
Argentina

As I told you via private messages Silvina, I will defend myself...
I didn �t upload the poster to get more points faster... it �s been uploaded for quite some time and, back when I had time to sit in front of my computer, I used to upload other worksheets too, which had nothing to do with posters.... I picked the poster from somewhere (it wasn �t even from picassa, just so you know) and changed it and used it in my classroom.... because my children liked it so much I uploaded it... and that �s the only reason why I did it.
But I honestly don �t see the difference between my worksheet and plenty of other worksheets, like poster for parts of the body that only have the body parts written in English (well, I did just the same with the birthday poster), or posters with parts of the house with only the names written down. Seriously, what �s the difference between them? For me, none. None whatsoever. Plus, if you happened to take a look at the comments on the worksheet, I guess you �ve seen plenty of teachers found it useful/nice/appealing for their classrooms, which is kind of the purpose of this site.
I didn �t steal anything, there was no name on the picture I used it was just a picture... like so many other pictures there on the web.

That �s it. It �s all I have to say and all I CAN say as regards my worksheet.

And, by the way, I know rules have changed and that NOW those types of worksheets (posters with just English words written, no task, no nothing) are no longer allowed... but I also know that, as the rules and instructions of ESL clearly establish

The rules that have changed will not be applied to older contributions.

These rules and instructions are subject to further change. All the members of the website will be informed of the changes.

9 Jul 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

You never had the right to upload things you haven �t made, adding some English words to a poster or a flashcard that already exists, doesn �t make it yours. When you translate a book from English into your native language, the author doesn �t change.

BTW, I am not talking about the points.

And picasaweb only proves that those resources exist and they were not created by those who reuploaded them here.

9 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2