Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > HI ENGLISH TEACHERS!!    

HI ENGLISH TEACHERS!!

cyan78
Spain

HI ENGLISH TEACHERS!!

In our school we are looking for books for the next course. Could you tell me some books (not reader books) which are good??

Please tell me the name and the publisher (longman, oxford...)

THANKS A LOT 

Cyan 78

THE BOOKS I AM LOOKING FOR ARE FOR TEENS AGED FROM 12 TO 16.

11 Jul 2010      

dawnmain
United Kingdom

what age group?

11 Jul 2010     

mariaelaine
Malta

We use Enterprise Coursebook and Workbook or else Upstream

11 Jul 2010     

saskat3
Hungary

We use Channel books and workbooks, Live English books, Plus books and workbooks from MM publication.
I used Opportunities books and work books from Longman, and I liked it very much.

11 Jul 2010     

raquelgil
Spain

I used Find Out (Macmillan) and they were perfect because from 1-2-3 they include just 6 units that I could complement with other activities and games, and from 4-5-6 they include eight units as students go a little bit faster. Activities are attractives and up to their level, and something very interesting for me was that in every unit something is included about science, that is, there is one page devoted to science (e.g. the solar system, the different materials...)

I hope this information is useful...

11 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

May be you will find this link useful to see what new books are available http://www.oup.com/elt/catalogue/?cc=global&x=newTitles
Sophia

11 Jul 2010     

lshorton99
China

I quite like English in Mind at that level. The books are actually geared towards teenagers. I �m pretty certain they �re published by Cambridge and the website has some great extra resources for teachers - all free. There �s also a basic teacher �s resource book with worksheets and activities that works pretty well. No coursebook is perfect but I would say for the ages you are talking about, this series is probably the best of the bunch.

Other than that, I like Cutting Edge which is Pearson Longman. Again, a lot of good extra resources for teachers.

The Macmillan packs - Find Out and Bugs are a little young for teenagers and I found Opportunities to be a little dry and perhaps better suited to students who are actually living in England while studying.  I �ve never used the other ones recomended above so I couldn �t comment!

My favourite series in English File (OUP) but it �s not really suitable for younger teens, although you might want to try it at intermediate and above.

Hope that helps

Lindsey

11 Jul 2010     

Adel A
Egypt

What about young learners go -cambridge university
Family and friends   -Oxford university
?

11 Jul 2010     

intra
Poland

With younger teenagers I �m going to use Smash (Macmillan)

11 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi there! I use New Inside Out (Macmillan) and Solutions (Oxford) . This last series is more Cambridge exams- oriented .

11 Jul 2010     

bvnreddy
China

hai
this is narasimha reddy
we want english teachers
if is any one intersted contactced me on [email protected]

19 Jul 2010