Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Passive Voice - Review game or speaking activity    

Passive Voice - Review game or speaking activity

NatManzieri
Brazil

Passive Voice - Review game or speaking activity

Hello everyone :))

I was wondering if you could help me with this one.

I �ve taught passive voice to a student (only this student in the group ) , and i �d like to have a game or speaking activity to review all tense we �ve learnt. We �ve already played a memory game.
It �s hard for me to come up with activities for a "group" of ONE student :))

Hope you can help me! Please, i really need so ideas... hahaha :))
Thank  you so much :)

12 Jul 2010      

atsanti85
Canada

One activity I love doing with students is having them pretend to be an object.  This can be a cup of coffee or even a chocolate chip cookie.  I usually invite the student to write/tell me a day in the life of this object but you can change it to an oral activity.

"I was baked in the oven for 30 minutes.  I was taken out of the oven by the baker.  Suddenly, I was picked up by this little girl.  I was smelled and sniffed by her nose.  I didn �t know how to feel... I was bitten!!"

I hope that gives some ideas!

Another review game I �ve found useful for verbs is playing Battleship.

12 Jul 2010     

NatManzieri
Brazil

Thank you sooo much!!My student loved this activity! There were lots of laughing in the class!!
I �m sure gonna use more times :))

14 Jul 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

Hi dear colleague, I guess you could also play bingo (I know, quite difficult with only one student) but may be you could read half of a sentence, and have the other half written on the bingo squares to be crossed out. Hope it �s useful.

14 Jul 2010