Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Could anyone help me?    

Could anyone help me?

anamb7
Argentina

Could anyone help me?

I have to provide my pupils (Pre-intermediate level) with some info about the British Isles but I �d like to do it by means of a video. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Ana

15 Jul 2010      

baiba
Latvia

Good morning Ana,

Have you seen this page? The links take you to more videos and the best thing is there are quizzes and comprehension check.
http://www.esolcourses.com/content/topicsmenu/life-in-the-uk.html

The site is great for other material too. You may find something really useful there.

15 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Excellent link, Baiba. I �ve just had a look at the short City of Glasgow video (made me come over all homesick, it did). Good, straightforward listening comprehension to accompany it. There seems to be something for everybody here. Weel done!

Alex

15 Jul 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

Good morning anamb7:
Many years ago, I worked with a video called TWO DAYS IN SUMMER.  In their episodes, there were a lot of London landscapes. I don �t know it �s still in the market.

15 Jul 2010     

elaininha65
Brazil

There is a great video called WINDOW ON BRITAIN from Oxford University Press. I have been using a lot in the classroom and the students simply love all the topics ( Food, school, pop music, London etc.)
have a nice day.
Elaininha

15 Jul 2010     

anamb7
Argentina

Thanksssssssssssss! You �ve all been so helpful. I �m fond of this site because I learn ... and learn and learn and never stop learning from you all!!
Thanks again!
Oh, and happy winter holidays to all the teachers that start winter recess next week!
Ana

15 Jul 2010