Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Non editable worksheets    

Non editable worksheets

mariamit
Greece

Editable is good and non-editable is just as good. Regina (blunderbuster) is right. It all depends on what we are looking for. Personally, most of my worksheets are editable because I myself need to edit them for different classes.  Also, as Joy says many mistakes occur in contributions whether by mistake, typos or simply carelessness. On the otherhand I have downloaded pictionaries that needed no editing and worked well.

@ Vanda. I sympathise.  I have been away from the site and just went back to read what has been happening. I hope you can sort things out. It�s pity to have you work continuously copied on this site but this new thing is illegal. You really should take legal action.

Regards,
Maria

15 Jul 2010     

Laura-Jane
Japan

Great points,
I completley understand that there are reasons why people choose to make their worksheets editable and non-editable. But it would be nice to know in advance of downloading which it was.
If I look at a preview and see that there are mistakes, or it would need editing drastically to suit my needs (beyond my copy and pasting into paint skills) and it says non-editable next to it, then I wouldn`t download it.

There are many cases where the worksheet is a passage, and there is one or two mistakes in it, and have downloaded it, found it non-editable so had to copy the entire worksheet into a knew document, and then been left wondering why I didn`t just make my own!

Another problem is tracking the owner. After I have downloaded the worksheet and found mistakes I rarely have the time to chase up the owner to let them know about the mistakes.

What about if there was some way to properly feedback about worksheets that we have used in class. Like a reminder of the worksheets you have used and a way of rating how useful they are, if there are mistakes etc?

L
x

16 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2