Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Lets Fight Those who Steal and Sell our work...    

Lets Fight Those who Steal and Sell our work...

mEselF
Italy

Lets Fight Those who Steal and Sell our work...

hello again gang i thought about all you uploaders that work hard to create great worksheets, only to wake up a month later and find some retard selling them..wouldnt you like to watermark them simply..so if someone tries to sell your work, they will have a harder time to remove these watermarks.
translucentwatermark.jpg

Watermarking is the process of overlaying an image or textual logo onto another image for the purposes of crediting the author with creating the image. Some websites and blogs use watermarks in case other sites try to steal or hotlink to their images. When other people now view these images they can attribute the proper credit to its real author.

Now that you know what watermarking is you can see how it can be a bother to batch watermark say 100 or 1,000 images associated with a post. You can open each of them in Photoshop or Gimp and add the layer, lower the opacity and then repeat or you can grab a batch watermark creator application for free that will make your life much easier.

One possible application is Jouba Images Converter and you can grab it HERE. You will also need to have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed on your computer. I recommend installing this before you begin your download. You can grab the installer HERE.

---- i have removed the tutorial as i cant re-size everything and i have been told that users are having problems with the size of the pictures. it seems to be messing up the forums. 

if anyone needs any help or advice you can contact me through the PM service or by emailing me at  [email protected]

15 Jul 2010      

baiba
Latvia

Hi,

At first glance your idea may seem great but I can predict a few problems. First, how will it look on the printed worksheet?
Second, moderators will be confused because it will be impossible to distinguish between stolen pics or documents and self-created.

These are my considerations. Thanks for the idea anyway!

15 Jul 2010     

bjones
Spain

Hi!!

This sounds too complicated to me. Also, I agree with Baiba and there might be a few problems.

15 Jul 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello dear colleague,

Well, I would like to thank you soooooooo much for trying to help all of us here to protect our contributions from theft and selling. But, dear baiba has just mentioned a very important point about watermarking our creations ,which may create a big confusion here.

Hope we can find a way out .

Thanks again!
Let �s wait for more responses.
Nebal

15 Jul 2010     

mEselF
Italy

It sounds complicated, but it isn �t!!

--> you can put the watermark at the bottom/top/anywhere

-->it watermarks your work as well and not only your pictures.. you can embed a watermark on a worksheet

--> i have seen people here complain that there are some who steal and sell their work

this is the best way round.

its the same that ou find on Clipart images.

----> how will it look on the worksheet? well that depends on where you put it....

why would moderators be confused? LoL?  if you make a worksheet and you want to conserve it then watermark it... if it original work  then do so.. all my work is original, i dont even take cliparts/frames from anyone else here. i use images of google... if i see anyone copying my work on other sites which i wont name now, i would atleast like to see it watermarked...

15 Jul 2010     

mEselF
Italy

lol i still dont see what is the very important and confusing point.. confusing?

15 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

You obviously aren �t a moderator, are you? Otherwise you would understand what baiba ment by complicated. And the other thing - it is possible to remove the watermark.Wink

BTW - could you make the images smaller, please? It is difficult to see everything in order.

15 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Af far as I can tell the Italian friend is trying to help. Why are some of you being so rude to him?Cry

15 Jul 2010     

vanda51
Portugal

you are absolutely right dear Regina Thumbs Up
Thank you very much for your tips PsYcHaYoGi they are really useful

15 Jul 2010     

baiba
Latvia

No no no bb, we are not rude but trying to be practical.

I appreciate  Psychayogi �s suggestion and probably the most prolific worksheet creators might support this idea. I �d like to hear their opinion too.

15 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dear Baiba, I did not mean anyone in particular (well, I did, but I wanted to leave some room for interpretation), especially not you. You shared your well-reflected opinion and you were appreciative.

Regards

15 Jul 2010     

1    2    3    Next >