Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > enjoy your day with aheart of gratitude!!!!!!!!!    

enjoy your day with aheart of gratitude!!!!!!!!!

khaled696
Palestine

enjoy your day with aheart of gratitude!!!!!!!!!

Heart of Gratitude!!!

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way."

I wrote: "Today is a beautiful day but I cannot see it."

Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people that they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?
Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have.. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively.

When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.

The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling�

And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!

Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.

18 Jul 2010      

Akanah
Spain

That �s nice, thanks for sharing. Could you edit it, please or take it to the caf�?
Have a great week,
Olga

18 Jul 2010     

falafel
Tunisia

Thank you so much for sharing. It �s very helpful and so wise.

18 Jul 2010     

LIA THE TEACHER
Italia

thanks for sharing!! ClapIt �s a beautiful message for everyone who doen �t know how much luck is he to be in good health!!Thumbs Up.
lia

18 Jul 2010     

Laly59
Spain

It�s a beautiful teaching for everybody that show us how we can be happier everyday. Thank you for your generosity

18 Jul 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

Today you are the reason of my smile! Thanks so much!
Love from Argentina,
NAty

18 Jul 2010     

Jorgelinaac
Argentina

Nice story. I believe we all from time to time need to be reminded of  how lucky we are to be alive with sorrows and happiness. They both are part of life :) Have all a wonderful weekend :) Warm regards ;)

18 Jul 2010     

bouzie1000
Morocco

thanks for the people who successfully contribute in this site

18 Jul 2010