Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > A teachers guide to activities    

A teachers guide to activities

annabelle1654
Germany

A teachers guide to activities

Hi everyone,

I �m interested in whether anyone has a guide for what kind of activities you can do with reading or vocabulary, ect.  I don �t mean the 5 min. before class ends activities, but a list of reading, then scan for information, take the words apart and make a puzzle, something along those lines. If it doesn �t exist i think we should pool together, but you �re all so amazing i �m sure someone has already created it or knows where I can locate one.

Thanks in advance!

Belles

27 Jul 2010      

aftab57
United Kingdom

have a look at these forum threads.

27 Jul 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

What I generally do is write or find a passage for reading.  I then underline necessary vocabulary within the text for the students to learn and translate into their first language.  I also prepare a grammar outline on what the students have learned.  It is generally a gap fill expercise or a tense exercise.  I also prepare a dialogue containing the grammar that has been taught and have the students read it aloud and then read it in pairs.
I also include a survey or questions for conversation and a puzzle with the vocabulary that has been learned.
These exercises are usually six or seven pages and take up a good amount of time.

I have already submitted a couple of these worksheets, but if you like I will send them to you, as we are not to advertise our own worksheets.

27 Jul 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

I �ve got some material regarding this topic. If you want, just send me your email and I �ll send the material to you.

Elisabet

28 Jul 2010     

annabelle1654
Germany

Thank you all for being so kind and sharing your ideas and resources with me. I found it a very definitive list and even copied the thread as well as downloaded the worksheets that were mentioned.

Again as always, I am ever so grateful!
Warmest regards,
Belles

28 Jul 2010