Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Wallwisher - back to school    

Wallwisher - back to school

baiba
Latvia

Wallwisher - back to school

Dear everyone,

Do you know the WALLWISHER app/ tool? It has become quite popular lately. It is incredibly simple - you just click on the wall and add whatever you want to say. It is great for birthday greetings, brainstorming, idea pool etc.

Here is an example of Wallwisher project about reading (I took it from the net).

One day I had an idea - what if those who start school in September posted greetings on the wall for their international (unknown) friends?! I mean, students post a greeting or a wish and at the same time they can read what the others wish them. This should be done a little BEFORE the school starts to have the wall ready for the 1st September. On the first day of school you can show the wall in the classroom to those students who did not participate and read all greetings from many countries!

The essential point is to mention student �s NAME and COUNTRY!
I �d be immensely happy if you assisted me in this! Here is the wall I made:
http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/schoolagain

P.S. May I ask those who decide to participate send me a PM?

30 Jul 2010      

ellakass
Israel

Dera baiba! I want my students to join and it seems to me wonderful for priject.I teach in elementary school (1-6th grades, pupils 6-12 yeard old).
We begin school on the 1st of September and can begin.
Good idea of yours!
Elvira

30 Jul 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Baiba

When I try to visit the wall you created, I get this message:

The requested wall has been marked private, and unfortunately you do not have access to it

30 Jul 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I �m getting this:

I suppose we �ll have to register before we can enter Baiba �s "wall".

31 Jul 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Silke,

If you have a gmail account, you can log in using it. No need to really register if you have one because I did not. After I logged in, however, I got the message that I could not access it.
Hope you are doing well and have a great weekend.

31 Jul 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hello, dear Manon! :))

Many thanks for trying your best to assist me, however, I haven �t got a gmail account. That means I �ll have to go through the registering process of that site. ;)

I �m fine, thanks!! I hope the same goes for you. Heart

Have a great weekend, too, and try to relax a bit. You certainly deserve it!

Love - Silke

31 Jul 2010     

a isabel
Portugal

Today I managed to see Baiba �s Wallwisher! Fantastic!
Have a nice Sunday!

1 Aug 2010