Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > thank you very much     

thank you very much

ikebana
France

thank you very much

Thanks a lot !!!!!!! I �m very grateful !!!!!!
113 points have been taken off my account on an "old" ws .
113 points just meant that 113 people had been interested in that type of doc even if the ws. didn �t fit the rules from A to Z ( it was a copybook cover  ).These people didn �t see anything wrong about it ! On the contrary , they probably thought this ws. might be useful.
Some rules should definetly be thought back and improved .

I  AM  VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 Jul 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Ikebana,

I understand your disappointment, on the contrary you should know there are also people who download stolen materials despite of knowing it is stolen (e.g. wss with visible cells, Vanda �s stolen wss etc.). Once any ws is removed it is understandable the points have to go too.

31 Jul 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi there!
I once got 6 ws reported by the same user ...; & got mad!! But - except from friends, no one seemed to think that was a big deal! ( the same persons  having reported ws & now  crying out loud...)
I thought I �d better accept,
although my ws kept being frozen.
Being disappointed would be not enough .. I �ve NEVER uploaded since then.
Sylvie

31 Jul 2010     

ikebana
France

thanks a lot sylvie for backing me up ! I really appreciate Hug

31 Jul 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Ikebana

I understand your feeling angry ...  It hurts....

I had a look at your ws and thought it was very useful. I would advise you to write a few instructions and reupload it. It IS good and useful and you will get your points back in no time!
Cheer Up!

31 Jul 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

I understand you. I �m quite new in the site so I �ve got a question. Where can I see who reports my worksheets?

Elisabet

31 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Elisabet,
welcome to this wonderful site. Actually unless you are a moderator (a member with more than a 5000 points), you cannot see who reported it.
Have a great weekend and I �m looking forward your work.
Michaela

31 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dear Ikebana,

I can relate to the feeling of powerlessness and anger. I once had a ws removed for no reason, it was a mistake back then.

Today I can also vote on what gets removed and what doesn �t because when I had stuff removed for no reason and stuff reported for no reason I swore to myself that I would not sit and wait powerlessly.

What I can tell you is this, though: Even if feels unsatisfying for some, people behind the scenes are doing their best, for whatever reason that might be. SOME people do take their time and scan new contributions before they become available for free download and I think we ( that includes myself) should be grateful that there are people who are willing to invest time where nobody sees it, where nobody thanks them, where they do it for the good of all members here.

When the site was down a few days ago, I didn �t think it was due to Victor being away and not being able to fix the error. I thought the site had been busted due to copyright infringement. I am glad it wasn �t.

Imagine what this place would be like without the people trying to keep the site clean. There are enough members here who are only interested in the limelight and virtual backpadding, or members who put the boot in when others get kicked, for whatever reason that might be.

I have come to depend on the site and I would like to keep relying on it.

Maybe you can relate to my words. Please do not be sad anymore. I can tell you that I have reported ws that should have been before they had 150 downloads, some people simply do not care and are only interested in their benefit.

31 Jul 2010     

ikebana
France

No time for anger or sorrow ! They  are just bad vibes .The  "Show must go on" as someone said .  
I would like to thank from the depth of my heart all those who tried to cheer me up , letting me know that I was not utterly useless.
                                                                            Ying YangHug

31 Jul 2010     

stexstme
France

I could tell you : �Even if it hurts...;Bla Bla ... � I think blunderbuster is right :
People - moderators - here - are doing their best , & I thank them for it.
Please do not get upset : As I told you before : I got 6 ws reported -
Stilll alive!!!Wink

31 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I was just wondering do the new rules apply to the old ws? I thought they didn �t. So how come someone reported  an old copybook cover having the new rules in mind?
To back up my words: The rules that have changed will not be applied to older contributions.
Sophia

31 Jul 2010     

1    2    Next >