Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Tests for secondary level    

Tests for secondary level

baiba
Latvia

Tests for secondary level

Time for more links!

I have come across this Hungarian website where I discovered tons of excellent downloadable reading and use-of-English tests for secondary level.
I wonder if the author may possibly be a member of Eslprintables, then I �d like to say a very big thank you!

http://www.argyre.hu/b2/?page_id=263 - reading
http://www.argyre.hu/b2/?page_id=550 - use of English

4 Aug 2010      

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Thank you, dear Baiba! 

4 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

Thumbs Up
Hug( I cannot use more than 2 words ...Geek Errr : Thank (one ) you (two).
Approve

4 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Actually Baiba, they �re Macmillan �s INSIDE OUT resource packs, at least all the reading seems to be. I recognized the tiles, I have many of them here in my laptop.

As to the use of English tests, they �re from random ESL websites, but nearly nothing seems to be their work.

But thanks for pointing out the "collection", this material is actually great.

See ya!
Bruna

4 Aug 2010     

argyre
Hungary

it �s my site
yes, the Use of English and the Reading section tests are from worksheets, many are from the Hungarian Language Centers � Past Papers
as for the vocabulary: they are from textbooks, etc
since i don �t own any copyright i don �t sell any of these
what i create, i usually sell or give to my private students

nowadays, i have started to create online tasks as well...they are mostly based on the BBC site, but for you they might be useless, since what i added is all in Hungarian

anyway, thanks for mentioning it:)

4 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Well, no matter where the tests come from, they �ll be useful to many of us! Thanks again argyre!

4 Aug 2010     

argyre
Hungary

you �re welcome:)

4 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey guys, but I beg your pardon to disagree, because we are so against "stealing" (hate that word) when it comes to ESLp members, but when it �s someone else �s, I believe we should pay the same respect.

This is what we find in Macmillan �s INSIDE OUT website:

You may not redistribute any of the Content of this Web Site without the prior authorisation of Macmillan or create a database in electronic form or manually by downloading and storing any content.
http://www.macmillanenglish.com/insideout/html/terms.htm

So I guess it does matter where it comes from, doesn �t it?

I �m sorry, I do not like to see people putting their name and signature under someone else �s work, even if it �s a small thing for a huge corporation like Macmillan. I �m not judging, just saying I don �t believe it �s right. Not to say dishonest. I guess I am judging then? Well, what can I do... I �m not a Macmillan employee.
Confused

just my opinion, though...
but I guess if there was a report button at the Macmillan website, I would push it.

4 Aug 2010     

MarianaC
Argentina

I completely agree with Bruna. If you really copied the material that Macmillan have prepared, just adding your website, email address and the name of your institute doesn �t make YOU the author, as it �s NOT your material...
I think at a minimum you should have acknowledged Macmillan... but they clearly state on their website they don �t allow reproductions... so that wouldn �t even cut it... yes, it �s a good collection, but handy as it would be to have it ready for everyone, you should keep it to yourself.
I �d report him too... fair �s fair.
Have a good day!

4 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Cry What an ill service I have done!

5 Aug 2010     

argyre
Hungary

in that case i take the server down
database down
i�m sorting out my materials and deleting worksheets from others