Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > kindergarten, preschool, primary ...    

kindergarten, preschool, primary ...

SaraMariam
United States

kindergarten, preschool, primary ...

Today I have a question about something that confuses me for quite some time now. Whenever I look for activites that suit kids aged 3-5 I find resources from kindergarten or preschool. But what exaclty is the difference? I can �t really see any. And another thing I �m wondering. In my country the kids usually learn how to write when they are about 6 years old, I guess that would be primary school, yet I find a lot of letter and simple maths things on websites that are done for preschoolers. Could somebody help to "unconfuse me" with the schoolforms, please? ;)

Hugs
Sara

7 Aug 2010      

stexstme
France

I �ve been watching you - a lot .
Have you been helping - some time ??? I mean : You - or - your anagram.????
I �ve seen interesting comments - so far ....What do you think ???
I �m tired - ... I know so much ... You �d be amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not-so-funny-Sylv
( To friends)

7 Aug 2010     

jecika
Serbia

touch� Ouch

@ Sylvie - hair dyed Thumbs Up make up applied Thumbs Up boyfriend taking a nap Angry LOL

7 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

Jecika,
i �m afraid we �re not...so many.
Got your message - though!!!! It seems we share the same... Big smile
Hugs from .... �big-picture-friend � - Whatsoever......LOL
Heart

7 Aug 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

Actually Sylvie, yes I have been helping others :) just because you don �t see it, doesn �t mean I don �t do it. I �m sorry when I can �t give as much back to the forum as others do, but I have many projects that are taking my time. And I �m always thankful fo getting help here. I didn �t know that there are conditions and that the help people give or take are counted. I �m helping some members also in private messenges, msn or facebook and when I can I �m also reading in the forum, but as I said I �m only dropping by for a few minutes here and there and often answers have been given already and when i don �t know the answer, I can �t give it. 
As for about the anagram story, that is pretty old and Victor knows about it already for about a year.
So, to sum it up, I would prefer if somebody has a problem with me to adress me with a private message instead of accusing me of something I �m not doing in public. That is at least what I would do :) 

7 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

I do loooooooooooove your anagram - too.
Enough is enough.
The least you could do is : be honest - For once.
I have had enough - really. Never reported - though...; You might like it.
Sylvie
BTW = I �ve never worshipped double -accounters.....

7 Aug 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

Sylvie, actually it was reported over a year ago and I have been talking to Victor and everything was settled. So before you are accusing, please do a better research.

7 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

OK. Forget it. I will.Sorry about being such a nuisance. I was told by friends - before.

7 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Sara:

In the US kindergarten is the year before children start going to school.

Check this:

Preschool education or Infant education is the provision of education for children before the commencement of statutory and obligatory education, usually between the ages of zero or three and five, depending on the jurisdiction.

In British English, nursery school or simply "nursery" or playgroup is the usual term for preschool education. In the United States preschool and Pre-K are used, while "nursery school" is an older term.

And this:

Kindergarten is a form of education for young children which serves as a transition from home to the commencement of more formal schooling. Another definition, which overlaps with early childhood education and preschool, is education for pre- and emergent-literate children before the age of 6 or 7. Children are taught to develop basic skills and knowledge through creative play and social interaction, as well as sometimes formal lessons.

In most countries kindergarten is part of the preschool system[1] of early childhood education. Children usually attend kindergarten any time between the ages of two and seven years, depending on the local custom.

Both Wikipedia

Regards

7 Aug 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

So, do children in english speaking countries learn how to write already before the age of 6 or 7, if I understand this correctly (since they are often taught the ABCs etc in preschools).
I guess I just get mixed up with our german Kindergarten, since there we normally don �t learn the ABCs or the first writing.
Thanks a lot for your answer blunderbuster :)

7 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

I ... can read messages. Victor can read ... too.Wink
Don �t overdo it. :o)))

7 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >