Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help with compressing pictures    

help with compressing pictures

ikebana
France

help with compressing pictures

Help me please ! I �m getting nuts !!!!!! I �ve prepared a new ws. and included a lot of pictures which I �ve tried to compress but in vain . That �s just driving me mad about it . i �m quite worthless with this new computer technology so if someone could help me with some tips on how to resize or compress a picture in a simple way that would be just awesome !Thumbs Up
thanks a lot
Ikebana

8 Aug 2010      

Mariethe House
France

Have a look a this tutorial! It helped me a lot when I had the same problem:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=357385#thetop

8 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

thanks a lot Marietthe House but that �s exactly what I did and it �s still too heavy .
I �m really depressed
Cry

8 Aug 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi ikebana! Here �s what I do:

- I first save the image into a file (never copy and paste it directly into the worksheet). Then I do insert image and open it with Microsoft Picture Manager. I resize it,  save it in the same file with another name, and i8nsert it in the worksheet.

- If that is not enough, copy and paste the resized image in the worksheet into Paint and save it with another name. It will be much smaller.

It always works for me and I use a lot of images. Wink

Let me know if you succeeded.
Hugs,
mena

8 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

Well dear Mena ! You �re so nice and helpful and I �m sooooooooooooostupid and worthless and hopeless that I didn �t manage .
I �ll try and get someone home to show me
thanks anyway
hugs from Ikebana

8 Aug 2010     

sp.watson
Thailand

I agree with Mena �s method - first save the picture as a file, open it in paint and select image -> resize and reduce to say 50% or less depending on the how much you wish to reduce it, then "save as" a different file name so that you keep the original in it �s full quality.
Finally just insert the new reduced size file into your worksheet.

9 Aug 2010