Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Message for moderators    

Message for moderators

victor
Spain

Message for moderators

Hello everybody,

First of all, I want to send my gratefulness to all the moderators of this website, who make a terrific job to keep it fair and healthy, although we can �t see it.

There are two issues which cause disagreement among moderators, and I want to clarify them:

- Worksheets divided unnecessarily. We all agree that worksheets should not be divided unless the size is too large. Anyway, there is no rule concerning this. Maybe we should write a new rule, but that is something that we should discuss and approve first.

- Portfolio �s covers: I think there is no reason to consider them as non-ESL resources. Please remember that printables are not only exercises, and remember that the quality and usefulness of each contribution is judged by each downloader.

Take also into account that this:
First name: ......................
Second name: ..................
Class: ..............................
School: ............................
is an ESL exercise for young learners, because they have to read and understand to fill in the lines.

We have a wide variety of printable resources, and most of them are useful for one teacher or another. Isn �t it wonderful to find resources for all the teaching needs and styles?

9 Aug 2010      

Makol
Russian Federation

Hello!

I agree that covers are also needed. I �ve uploaded a big portfolio, but the cover was reported and deleted. So, many people have portfolio, made in one style, but they don �t have the cover (((
I also will make separators for this portfolio, but can �t upload them.

Best wishes, Olga

9 Aug 2010     

lolelozano
Argentina

Thank you Victor for clarifying doubts - Thank you very much :)

xoxo

9 Aug 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Yes Victor, it is. Smile

9 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Victor, may I make a suggestion?

A message board for moderators inside the moderating section would be awesome, providing people are able to respect its purpose.

Some moderators have questions and could ask them there.

Also, there seems to be a problem with some contributions that look corrupted in the preview but which open up fine once we click on the in the reporting section. I have also noticed that these very contributions show up corrupted on some members � computers but not on other �s. There is an example in the reporting section right now. I think it is unfair if they get removed because it seems not to be the uploaders � fault.

Regards

9 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hello, Victor!

I �m one of those moderators who don �t consider a portfolio cover without any tasks an ESL resource. However, I �m very glad to hear that you want to put an end to the confusion regarding this matter!!

If you as the owner of this website say that ESL resources with mini-tasks should be allowed, it �s fine for me, because at least we have a clear rule about it now!! Thumbs Up

I don �t think we should implement a new rule concerning wss which are divided unnecessarily, because not every member is capable of reducing images to the absolute maximum.

If we don �t allow unnecessarily divided wss, the result will be that all these computer-illiterate people are at a disadvantage.

While we �re on it - what about this kind of ws:

Many thanks in advance for clarifying all these things in order to make our work easier in the future - Silke

9 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Topolina, I would vote for such a rule #2 but I will not ask for one ;o)) People upload stuff in separate files just to get more points and people are not forced to compress anymore, so eventually, we will end up using more space on the server than before. Just a thought, but I can live with that...

9 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

So  everything is clear now about covers ! What  about the ws. on copybook covers that have been reported recently for "not beeing" esl ressouces ? I �ve lost something like 114 points on a ws.Could I get my points back ? !!! Just asking ! 
Thanks Victor  for your help
Ikebana

9 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

"People upload stuff in separate files just to get more points and people are not forced to compress anymore, so eventually, we will end up using more space on the server than before."

Blunderbuster, 2 wss, one with 200 kB and the other one with 250 kB, don �t occupy more space on the server than just one ws with 450 kb! ;)) Therefore, it doesn �t really matter if wss are unnecessarily divided.

You say that people are not forced to compress anymore. But how about potential downloaders?? They �re not forced to download these materials, either!

I strongly believe that most users won �t spend any points on downloading several parts of a ws which has been split up without a good reason. Don �t you think that most members in this website are too clever to fall for such a trick? ;) Experience has shown that this kind of unnecessarily divided ws will not get many downloads anyway, so who really cares?

9 Aug 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi all. Thanks so much for clarifying things, Victor. It will make the moderating job a lot easier.Clap

To Olga (Makol), based on my understanding of Victor �s post you can now reupload the title page and also upload the separators for your portfolio and they shouldn �t be reported. If they are, moderators whould vote in their favor. You may want to check with Victor personally, but this is what I understand by Victor �s post.

To Victor, would it be possible to keep this at the top of the forum for a while, as it is only by chance that I switched my computer on this morning and saw it.

Well, have a nice day all.
Julia

10 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Topolina,

I cannot quite agree with you. Actually, divided ws do take up more space, minimally, but it adds up. But as I said before, I won �t ask for the rule, would take an awful lot of time and work to monitor.

Victor says he wants a discussion.

Regards

10 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >