Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I have a request ( Chat )    

I have a request ( Chat )

profepaty12
Brazil

Hi Norinet!
I agree with you! It �s not the first time I see this kind of reaction with new members.... new ideas.... although there are things that seem obvious for many people here, for others they can �t be.... Reading all the replies I had the same sensation of a war of nerves!
It �s just my opinion! I think everybody can learn something here, not just the new users!

10 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

franknbea I said I didn �t come here to change. It �s an idea came to my mind and I like to share it with you and to see if u agree or not. That �s it.

NORINET

Thanks a lot for your kindness and your nice behaviour. Really, it �s a teacher �s behaviour.

By the way , I think of something new. When it is ready , I will make you know.
But I don �t know post it here or in another new topic.

10 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear Norinet.
Since you acknowledge the fact that you were spitting your word out, I have to say on my behalf, and I believe Frank �s too, that it was not our intention to be "harsh".

It did pop in my mind the question: Hmm... is that a real new member?
We �ve had so many trolls hogging the forum lately, and for me I am amongst the ones who are always trying to have a fun and light-hearted environment around here. At least, I try. So I believe the war of nervers must be in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, all judgemental thoughts aside (I mean, Pretty3 did start here requesting a chat and already proposing a vote),  I was simply "requesting" that as a new member s/he claims s/he is, s/he could get to know the site first.

I believe you read a little too much into my words, because, honestly, I did not mean anything vile.

Regards,
Bruna.

10 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Bruna Dutra

I don �t know where is the problem here ?
I know this site before . My friends told me more about it. I used to come here from time to time to read different things to improve myself.
Recelntly , I have decided to register here , but it seems YOU DON �T like new members or new suggestions.

10 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

People here please understand me.
I don �t want to change this site . It is not my right to change.
I only suggested something. If you agree, it �s ok . If you don �t agree , also , it is ok.

It �s your opinion.

It �s importnat to give your opinion in a quiet  way.

10 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Maybe that was the �problem � then... you didn �t suggest anything, at least not in this thread. You made a request and invited people to vote on it. I was just asking, politely, to slow things down a little. Nobody comes in here "requesting" stuff. Not even the members who are here since the beginning.
Of course I like new members, the more the better. It�s just that I believe we should have some kind of decorum when initiating. Don �t you think?

I don �t know how one can "give one �s opinion in a quiet way", you mean, don �t say anything at all? that �s quiet for me. And since you �ve said that it seems that I don �t like new members, allow me to say that normally, new members are more humble than that. So, yeah... I did think that you are not new. Maybe a little suspicious on my part, but it really doesn �t matter, I believe we can be honest if we are polite.

I do welcome you or any member, be sure of that. I apologize if somehow I made you feel bad. And, I �m looking forward to seeing your contributions! Let me know if you need anything!

10 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

"" I apologize if somehow I made you feel bad.""
It �s ok.
But be sure I �m new here and I hope I still here.

10 Aug 2010     

NORINET
Algeria

It �s ok now , dears.

The question is not what the problem was but what the result is. I think there was a misjudgement on the one we didn �t mean. Mrs. Bruna is a great person . This is very clear in her kindest replies...except the first one ( mdr.... I �m kidding...don �t take it seriously....mdr ) .
Leave the stream as it has been planned. The site was designed for teachers to collaborate and have some fun and relaxation through its well-thought and built sections. We always learn of our past mistakes, and the best Man is the one who prevents himself from falling in the same situations.

Please, do accept my apologies if I annoyed you with my reply.

Back to work ;)

Cordially,
NORINET

11 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2