Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to introduce the present continuous in an interesting way to 10 years old students?    

How to introduce the present continuous in an interesting way to 10 years old students?

caren_630
Egypt

How to introduce the present continuous in an interesting way to 10 years old students?

How can  i make a grammar lesson about the present continuous interesing to 10 years old students?

13 Aug 2010      

Claudia Tournier
Argentina

I can suggest a couple of activities kids love:

Memory game: One student leaves the room and the others decide to perform an action such as Cooking, sleeping etc...(try to use the verbs they are learning) Then,  the student outside comes in and has a minute to remember what each mate is doing, right after students are told to stop doing the action and the student who memorized has to say what each was doing.....you can have it as a competition and see who  the student with the best memory is. ( adapt it accoding to how many sts you have)

Scrambed verbs: On a pice of cardbard cut out diffrent verbs ending in ING example S-L-E-E-P-I-N-G (one card per letter)Studens in groups are to unscramble the word and if it is correclty spelt they should also perform the action, they are given 5 points per each correct spelt word and 5 extra for performing the action!

Hope you like them!!!!

13 Aug 2010     

Claudia Tournier
Argentina

I can suggest a couple of activities kids love:

Memory game: One student leaves the room and the others decide to perform an action such as Cooking, sleeping etc...(try to use the verbs they are learning) Then,  the student outside comes in and has a minute to remember what each mate is doing, right after students are told to stop doing the action and the student who memorized has to say what each was doing.....you can have it as a competition and see who  the student with the best memory is. ( adapt it accoding to how many sts you have)

Scrambed verbs: On a pice of cardbard cut out diffrent verbs ending in ING example S-L-E-E-P-I-N-G (one card per letter)Studens in groups are to unscramble the word and if it is correclty spelt they should also perform the action, they are given 5 points per each correct spelt word and 5 extra for performing the action!

Hope you like them!!!!

13 Aug 2010