Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > I need some ideas :))    

I need some ideas :))

Maja O.
Poland

I need some ideas :))

Hello, 
I hope that most of you are still having  wonderfull holidays. I �m the lucky one :))
At the beginning of the school year ( September ) I �m going to have a lesson with the 6th graders ( 11-12 year olds ) for other English teachers from my district. The topic of the lesson is mainly about the visit at  Madame Tussaud �s.
Could you please help me to think about something special, maybe you have got your own  interesting lesson plans to share etc.
I �ll be very grateful for every help. 
Thank you so much.

14 Aug 2010      

Lidiana73
Australia

Hi there Maja...I work in a school where there are many ESL students which I why I still try and contribute when I can to do this wonderful site.  What I do with my students after an interesting event is to look at the photos, get the students to talk about what they say/did and then write about it using the pictures.  It works every time and this will improve their oral language as well their written.

I hope this helps

Regards

Lidiana

15 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

It would be fantastic if they could play their favourite person embodied in the wax figures - you know, dress up, stand like a wax figure and talk when you reach them, just a few sentences about �themselves � - you can pretend to be a tour guide through the museum - sort of like a virtual visit to it...

15 Aug 2010     

Maja O.
Poland

Thanx for your help. I wish you all the best. 

16 Aug 2010     

seqball
Mexico

Try a virtual tour of one of the museums. Show student �s the figures and sections of the museum at http://www.madametussauds.com/London/PlanYourVisit/Explore/Default.aspx (for London, but change the location in the drop-down at the very top of the page). Have them pick a character from the Our Figures gallery at http://www.madametussauds.com/London/OurFigures/Default.aspx (photos of wax figures are included and sorted by section such as Sports or Royalty, but changes by location). Then, they can do online research for an (auto)biographical presentation.

The ideas above are mine, but the museum offers other teaching resources and ideas online at http://www.madametussauds.com/London/About/UKSchool/TeachingResource/Default.aspx. Again, you can change the location for resources pertaining to one of the other museum locations.
Best of luck!

19 Aug 2010