Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > That ´s just what I think.    

That ´s just what I think.

franknbea
United Kingdom

Oh I see!
That �s not me. Not at all.
I �m only here 23/7 so I �m ok then.Wink
Seriously though, my son has started calling me �puter � instead of daddy, a bit scary. Oh well time for bed... Night night.

16 Aug 2010     

meuge
Argentina

Welcome heikeo!!
Stick around and you �ll find amazing people!!!

Bruna... loved your post...

Have a great week all of you!!

HugHug
Hug

16 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Heike,

I agree with you, but maybe we should refrain from pigeonholing and putting people into certain categories... (I�m not saying that YOU did that though! Wink) The rest of this message is not aimed at you personally.

When I read all these "there are good and bad people everywhere" and "these people have very little life outside the Internet" or "they have to vent all their frustration out" statements tonight, I thought to myself: who is just good or only bad??

Especially some of those users who seem to be here 24/7 are also very helpful people, especially for the fact that they �re here 24/7 or 17/7 or whatever! They see (almost) everyone posting and this means that THEY ARE HERE, READY TO BE OF ASSISTANCE!!

Admittedly, some of them do tease others or mock, but - PLEASE - don �t cast a poor light on those "bad" people just because they are acting like human beings; it is simply not fair.

Maybe some people recognise THEMSELVES now, too, and maybe, just maybe CHANGE... Only kidding - I don �t really expect anybody to change, neither amateur psychologists nor "teasers"... Neither those people who are "victims of stereotyped thinking" nor members who try to educate others, because I really believe that 99 % of the users here have something more or less useful to say and should have the right to do so.

However, perhaps it is possible to stop seeing things just black and white, because there are sooo many shades of grey as well. ;)

Thank you. :))

Silke

16 Aug 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Yes, heikeo, you �re right: nobody �s perfect. And I �d like to add that nothing is perfect either.

ESL Printables is a site with more than 300.000 "imperfect" human beings. But they are wonderful people, the best kind we can find anywhere.

They are helpful, skillful, generous, talented... we have to understand if sometimes someone loses his temper after reading the same bothering message on the forum again. Especially if the people who started such sort of threads were asked not to do that again.

They are great professionals in teaching but maybe they �re not prepared for baby-sitting or they expect (as we do with our students) that people come here to share material and ideas and not to attack, insult, cheat or the like.

The most patient person sometimes gets mad with some kinds of comments on the forum and there are some occasions when we just can �t keep our mouth shut.

Since you used a quotation, I �d like to add one too: if you say what pleases you, you risk listening to what doesn �t.

Have a good day / evening!

16 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Clap

16 Aug 2010     

meuge
Argentina

True, Zailda... so true...Thumbs Up

16 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Oh boy... haven �t I touched a nerve... I believe I can only change myself, and as to the amateur psychology... see what you �ve done, Frank? lol

edit
P.S.: I would like to apologize to Heike for using (poor) sarcasm in this great thread, but I won�t delete it, just so that some don�t the wrong idea. And most importantly, I would like to point out that at least in my words posted, I couldn�t find any definition of a category for �bad people�. Plus, I did apologize in advance for the judgemental tone. All I wanted to say was: 

"Sh*t happens" - Aristotle
And yet... life is beautiful
Ain�t I funny?! (rethorical question... I know I�m not) Embarrassed

But I do wish everyone an excellent week ahead of us all!!
Best regards!

16 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Heikeo53,

I apologize for having been the reason for this thread. The picture I put there initially was a bit big and long, I was gone for a while and didn �t (couldn �t) reduce the size immediately as some people had requested. My "later" was not fast enough for some.

Thanks again for the pm.

Regards

16 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@Bruna

I wasn �t only referring to you.

16 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man �s growth without destroying his roots. 

~Frank A. Clark

Nice quote.

For me, I was teased in the first or in the second post for me here. But life goes on. Many private messages refreshed me and made me return to this great page.
I have found there are many people helpful and kind.
So, thank you very much for those people :)

16 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >