Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Spanish readers    

Spanish readers

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Spanish readers

Hi all

I �m delighted to finally be back on the board after a manic year at college completing further studies.  You would think that I learned my lesson but no, I �m going back again part-time to study a mathematics degree!  :)  

I am trying to brush up on my Spanish at the same time and I was wondering if any of our online Spanish colleagues would be able to recommend some readers for me.

I �m looking for something which is the same in concept as the Macmillan Reader Series.  Graded readings.  

The name of such a collection would be great.  The rest I can take from there as once I have the name of what I �m looking for I can buy via amazon or ebay, second hand, whatever.

thanks a lot
Sarah

16 Aug 2010      

aftab57
United Kingdom

This might be worth looking at.

16 Aug 2010     

heikeo53
Mexico

To practice Spanish I like bilingual books (that�s how I started to read in Spanish)

If you like poetry , there is

There is also:

Espa�a (Side by Side Bilingual Books) (English and Spanish Edition) - Paperback (June 11, 1999) by Genevieve Barlow and William Stivers

17 Aug 2010     

SueThom
United States

A few years ago I picked up a Spanish translation of a book I had enjoyed when I was younger and went through the Spanish and English versions simultaneously, page by page, while writing new words and phrases in a notebook.  Then I made flashcards of the new vocab to keep in my purse, so I could go through them on the bus, waiting at the dentist �s office, on a walk, etc.  I eventually worked my way up to reading Spanish novels I �d never read before without a dictionary or English translation.  (I was SO proud of myself!  LOL)

It was a lot easier for me to find novels in English and Spanish versions than bilingual books.  The process has really been helpful for me, especially with vocab and idioms...oh, and the dreaded subjunctive.  It also, interestingly, has taught me a lot about translation, language learning, some cultural issues, and more.  It doesn �t take long to learn the difference between good and poor translation.

Keep up your studies--it �s much better than spending your life in front of a TV or in a bar!  Good luck!

Sue

17 Aug 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Do you have a local library?
Libraries here will supply LOTE (Languages Other Than English) books if you ask. You may be able to order some at the reading level you need.

17 Aug 2010