Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > FCE lessons and intermediate reading book    

FCE lessons and intermediate reading book

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

FCE lessons and intermediate reading book

Dear colleagues,

This year I will have to teach students who want to sit the FCE throughout this year. I have never before taught at this level so I am a little bit scared. Could you please recommend me any book with special practice on the use of english part and which teaches students to deal with this part? In the other fields there is lots of stuff in my academy.

On the other hand, last year with my pre-intermediate students we read the books "Skyjack", Oxford bookworms. Could you please recommend me a book for them this year in Intermediate level? Which books do you recommend at this level and which your students have liked a lot?
Thanks in advance.

17 Aug 2010      

heikeo53
Mexico

Hello Chenchen.
To pracice  for Paper 3 of the FCE I like the book mentioned above.

First Certificate Skills - Use of English (New Edition) Student �s Book
Author: Harrison, M
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Format: Paperback
ISBN: 9780194528252
Publication Date: 2008

These are some web pages that might help you as well (FCE Paper 3)

Greetings,
Heike

17 Aug 2010     

cyan67
Spain

Dear Chechen, I use GOLD by longman for practising FCE with my students.

17 Aug 2010     

lshorton99
China

My absolute all-time favourite FCE coursebook is �Ready for FCE � by Roy Norris - a fantastic book with great tips for students. It �s not specific to Use of English, but I don �t spend as much time on that part when teaching FCE as I do on, for example Speaking and Writing.

Lindsey

17 Aug 2010