Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > QUOTE OF THE DAY!    

QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Redbull
Thailand

QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Hi everybody,

As Silke says I should have made my purpose clearer in my first post forum.........

I teach at a school in Thailand and every day I give out students the quote of the day and have been doing this for six or more months, and yes l have a list and know plenty of famous quotes myself.

If you would like to participate in the quote of the day! then just try to guess the famous person who said this. Without looking it up on Google!!! that would be toooooo easy.
Any answers that are guess work or funny would be ideal.

The thought came to me when seeing the word of the day on the forum.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW Wink.

24 Aug 2010      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Redbull

besides your favourite drink, I think I don �t know anything about you.

I read about some printable you have uploaded and was reported, very recently.
I read the many answers that you were given, at that time.
I have seen you, in these last days, moving around.
Now, what I can see is just someone trying to steal an idea ( Frank �s , I think ) to put  yourself on the stage.

The forum is not mean for this.
We can perfectly have one or two disfunctional posts, we can have one or two people around asking for not necessary help, we can have one or two posts sending best regards to this or that, we can have here, well, tons and tons of different things, in my opinion, but

We shouldn �t have here anyone copying/pasting an idea, just for show off.

Pease, Redbull, we know you don �t have your own wings, but do use the ones you got.
If you want to start something like this, take it easy, wait for the other thread to go away. And then, calmly, politely, as Frank did, try to start a new thing, don �t try a competetion, it �s completely useless for you and boring for other memberd.

Don �t forget Redbull �s wings, they fly

Whishing you all the best
Linda

24 Aug 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Dear Linda,

When I posted my forum post about the worksheet I was making a statement like anyone would if you thought that your worksheet was valid.
And my answers was the result of reply �s made to my forum it was very upsetting to read some of the peoples reply, but lets put that all behind us I know I have.

And please read this post again as I quote this.................

The thought came to me when seeing the word of the day on the forum.

and I checked for any forums out there with the quote of the day! and guess what no forum with this kind of thing ever.

BUT one thing is for sure and I know! that I do give my students quotes of the day.

And i �m not here for winning people over, or trying to get any kind of brownie points.
I �m here for giving people help,getting help that sometimes don �t work.lot �s of reasons why I like being here.

Linda I find you forum statement very rude.

Please Linda or anyone else that doesn �t really like me becuase of the debate forum worksheet from past keep your thoughts to youself.YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE USEING THIS WONDERFUL WEBSITE.
Best regards.

24 Aug 2010     

Errie
Japan

Hey Redbull,

I think you don �t have to explain yourself at all. The only thing you want to do is throwing in a little fun and there �s nothing wrong with that. There are always people who don �t like that and come up with all kinds of reasons why they don �t like it or what so ever. This says a lot about those who are doing that.

cheers

25 Aug 2010